Local ftp and TV-out

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by droidika, Feb 2, 2008.

1. droidika

droidika New Member

I used to set up a local ftp on my pc so I could access some files from anywhere I happened to be. This was many years ago using Serv-u ftp and no longer do this because of writeable cd/dvd's and thumb drives, online storage etc. Now I was wondering if I could do the same, share a folder with h264 videos that I have on my pc so I can access them on my ipot. The reason is this: I could get to the ftp in safari ftp://123.123.123:user:password? I can't exactly remember the right syntax there. And then in other rooms in my house, hook the ipot up to the TV with my cables I got and access all the videos I have on my PC. Problem is I can't set up serv-u or I also tried filezilla. I am sure i set these up right. I even went to many forums and support site with guides to set them up and youtube guides. But it doesn't work like it used to. No matter what I set the home directory to, what permissions or anything it just shows "/" in the ftp client I use to try to access the ftp on my PC. Cute ftp, firefox, filezilla client. I think it's my wifi router but I can't figure out what it is.

edit: anyone?