Loading music from small PC drive

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WaltonRob, Mar 30, 2009.

1. WaltonRob

WaltonRob New Member

Hi - sorry if this has been asked before, or if this is overly simple/stupid! I'm new here.

I've just bought an iPod touch 32GB and want to transfer about 20 odd GB of stuff to it. Currently however, my hard drive only has about 5GB space for iTunes. Is it possible to sync 5GB of music with my iPod, then disconnect, and delete the music from the PC, and add 5GB of different music, reconnect the iPod, and sync again to add the new music to the iPod, WITHOUT deleting the 1st 5GB of music from the iPod?

Thanks,
    Rob
  2. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope. It will want to delete the music off first
  3. WaltonRob

WaltonRob New Member

Damn - looks like I'll have to buy an external hard drive then. Not liking the lack of flexibility and content management on the iPod touch (it's my first ever iPod product, and I wasn't expecting it to be so restrictive).

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Austinjb555

Austinjb555 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you jailbreak, you could SSH them in, or if you purchased your music from itunes, I think you can download them again for free.
  5. danny999911

danny999911 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    am I missing something here? My ipod touch 1st gen synced with my old pc, then I plugged it into my new pc, expecting it to delete all music, but I told it not to, cancelled all syncing going on, and checked the 'Manually manage music and videos' . Now I can just drag albums or playlists I want to add, and keep the same songs on my ipod, which has more music than the PC i am coping music from.
  6. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's always worked for me, although I make my own music... See, when I think one of my songs sucks, I delete it from my iTunes Library (so it doesn't make it into the album) and it stays on my iPod. So, yeah. It should work.