liveleak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by matt040379, Jan 7, 2008.

1. matt040379

matt040379 New Member

hi all,am new to all this and also first post,but i have a hacked touch and want to be able to view certain things like video clips on liveleak through safari,only problem its says i need to download java for it, and as you cant do that i was wondering if anything can be done,or whats the easiest way to be able to do this if possible,many thanks,and hope i dont sound to silly
  2. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

Java is not and for the forseeable future not going to be release on the touch, not officaly anyway.

Do some searches and you will find some other post about video sites that work
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

There is already a Java virtual machine for the Touch (JamVM). That isn't going to help for the web though, and I don't forsee that being supported any time soon. It will probably happen eventually though, given that Mobile Safari supports a plugin structure and the SDK is just around the corner, so I can imagine official ports turning up eventually.
  4. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

I know for a fact that you, Mindfield, read edmarriener's post before posting your own.

How, you ask?.. Well, lets just say I can forsee the future.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But yea, another confirmation that there is no working web java applet out for the touch yet.
  5. matt040379

matt040379 New Member

Thanks guys
  6. qbal1

qbal1 New Member

I'm currently working on a way to watch liveleak videos on the iPod touch... I'm not yet quite sure if it will work but it will end up requiring vlc4iphone and some sort of clipboard app AKA clippy or hclipboard. btw, is anybody still watching this thread?
  7. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, its over a year old. Don't bump old threads