Little trick

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fashiongeek, Aug 15, 2009.

1. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

Afterbuy iPhone gs with contract afterfew days if I say I lost it and want to cancel will they make me pay full price which is 800 or lessthan that??? And
    I have iPhone then I can unlock it?? And use with othercarrier like solo??? I'm in Canada
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You won't pay the retail price, but you will have to pay an early termination fee, which is $175 minus $5 for every month you've had the phone (on AT&T). Your carrier is probably something like that.

Once unlocked you should be able to use your iPhone with any GSM carrier (SIM card).
  3. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nope. They will cancel your contract, no charge. My friend did this, got away with an iPhone 3G 8GB brand new for $200, no contract.

Then jailbreak and unlock, and user w/e GSM carrier you'd like

Please Register or Log in to view images

Although it seems pretty unethical =/.
  4. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Bullsh*t. Early termination fee, or you can usually return the device within 30 days.

Unethical? Let's call out binding two-year contracts and exclusivity agreements before we get to that...

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

So basically I can getaway with it??? What do u mean early termination fee so what's up with 175 $???
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    If I'm not with AT&T how does simcard work??? I no some ppl had trouble with insertingit so
  6. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No you can't get away with it. You can call your carrier, ask them to cancel your contract, and they will. However, you will have to pay a hefty fee. (AT&T charges $175, for example). After you pay that fee, the phone is all yours, but you have to find another carrier for service.

All iPhones, no matter the carrier, use SIM cards. On an unlocked phone, you should be able to use any GSM carrier. It's not difficult to insert the SIM card.
  7. box medium

box medium Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I'm not to sure bout first question but yes to last 2
  8. fashiongeek

fashiongeek New Member

But some people say I have to pay full priceif I cancel the contract would that make moresense bc if I can cancel ti andand pay less wouldn't everyone do that and AT&T would be bankrupt and alsoi heard that they can track down also what's data plan that everyone ws complaining about do I need that??
  9. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You will NOT pay full price for the phone. You will have to pay a large fee, as I've said over and over. If everyone did this, AT&T would not be bankrupt, but much wealthier. As for last sentence, I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.
  10. sayma3

sayma3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't know what it works like in America, but in England, if you terminate a contract before it's over, then you have to pay for the handset outright, or pay off your contract, so which ever works out better. in my case, 18 months at £45 for 3G would be £810, plus I paid £173 for the handset itself... Surely AT&T would lose a lot of money if they basically give away a £550 phone and only charge $175 termination fee for the phone...?