Little Speck/Dirt on screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Killionaire, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure if this is a few dead pixels or not, but there's a visible black speck that seems to have been placed in between the glass and the LED display.

I didn't seem to notice this yesterday when I got the phone. What should I do? It's minor, but now that I noticed it, I keep getting distracted by it. This sucks!
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    get a replacement or repair if you can, pics would help, if its square its most likely dead pixels if its not its probably dirt.
  3. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I bought it via AT&T's online store. Is there a way I can take it to the local Apple Store and have it fixed/replaced as long as I bring the AT&T paper that came with the box containing the name/address, etc?

I really don't want to wait weeks and weeks to have it repaired, and my 3G is de-activated.
  4. dustinlenguyen

dustinlenguyen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Any dead pixels or dust under your screen will be replaced immediately by the Apple Store. I had mine replaced for dust, but it was actually a lot of it, not just one speck. I actually think I have this one tiny one by the signal bars on my iPhone 4. Oh well.

If it bothers you that much, just tell them you think it's a dead pixel and fear that more will eventually come. They'll replace it if they have the phone in stock.
  5. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I didn't buy my iPhone from the Apple Store, though.
  6. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can bring in any apple product into the store, regardless of where you purchased it...
  7. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice. ...And you're sure they'll just pop it open, clean it out, and give it to me for free?
  8. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I doubt they'll physically do anything to try and get the dust out. So they just might give you a brand new phone instead
  9. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    they'll give you a refurbished one. Thats what they did when i took my 3g back because of dust.

Don't worry about it being refurbished, it's just as good or better than a new one
  10. Spam

Spam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    depends if they have any refurbs in their store. if they dont, they are forced to give you a new one

happened to my 3GS