Little problem after Jailbreaking...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Swifty01, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Swifty01

Swifty01 New Member

So after I did the jailbreak and then restored back to my settings, most of my apps and such aren't showing up. And there is no Cydia to be seen. I'm assuming this is because originally I had Cydia in a folder in Categories...But now everything is missing and I can't get to it. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?
  2. billybojilly

billybojilly New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u restored an unjailbroken firmware buddy. you lose all your music and apps when you jailbreak.
  3. Swifty01

Swifty01 New Member

No, you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm missing apps that come loaded on the Touch with factory settings, because they were put into folders in Categories. Cydia was put in a folder as well. I then restored it to the official 2.2.1 firmware, then jailbreaked it and restored it. After the restore to my old pre-jailbreak settings, normal apps are missing and Cydia can't be found. I'm probably going to have to go back and re-jailbreak again and just not go back to my old settings...But if theres a way to not have to go through the trouble, it would be great to know.
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can't completely restore all your Cydia apps.(that means categories)

Even with Aptback, it will not work 100% of the time.

EDIT: Wait, you jailbroke then restored to factory settings again? You're not making any sense. Just to be safe start completely new and don't restore from a backup.
  5. Swifty01

Swifty01 New Member

Okay, so I originally had the tethered jailbreak, which categories and a bunch of apps in my folders. So I wanted to switch to the untethered jailbreak, so I restored back to the official 2.2.1 firmware. After that, I did the untethered jailbreak. After it finished jailbreaking iTunes restored my old settings. Which for some reason made apps dissappear. Not just my Cydia apps, but normal apps that come with the iPod. I can only assume thats because they were in folders in categories. But since Cydia was in a folder, and now I can't see it, I can't get Categories again and get to my apps.
  6. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The only was is to get categories back on, or make a copy of cydia and ssh it in.
  7. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    why dont you just jailbreak again, and thats it!
  8. wSYayo

wSYayo New Member

restore from a backup?...that might have triggered something
  9. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Maybe AppBackup solves this, for the future?
  10. Rol&

Rol& Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i have this problem too
    and just solved it!
    just go to settings-->general--->restrictions--->enable restrictions (create a password)
    then disable restrictions and your served
    this problem is caused by categories or any app that move the applications from the springboard