Little help, plz!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cannon23, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Cannon23

Cannon23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey everyone,

Quick question about my ipod getting wet..but I promise it's a bit different than basically all the other ppl who have asked the same thing.

Here's the rundown on what happened:

My ipod was sitting in a vehicle door pocket when apparently the pocket got punctured and it punctured a small can of V8 juice. I discovered this about an hour and a half after it happened.

My ipod was on (when it happened) but in sleep mode and had some mostly dried juice on the front and a very little of it in the ipod to computer port as well. The juice leaves residue as it dries.

It's been a few hours since it happened it won't turn on (and was off when I found it).

I'm currently out of the country for a few more weeks so I can't take it into an ipod store. There is, however, somewhere I can buy a new one. I pretty much live off the thing especially while I am out of country.

Should I give it a few days to try and dry out completely? If it is the juice that caused the problem, could the residue keep it from working again?

About how much do repairs tend to cost when the break is due to moisture damage (I know it does depend a bit on how much of it needs to be replaced or repaired..but it really didn't get all that wet).

I sort of inspected it for impact damage from what pierced the juice and don't really see any signs of it.

In short: What to u think the odds are of it working again? How long should I wait until giving up and buying a new one? How much do the repairs typically cost and how long does it usually take?

Thanks!

-Drew
  2. PlasticPenguin

PlasticPenguin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to dry it place it in a bag with rice that is completely sealed it'll dry faster don't know how to fix if that doesn't work though
  3. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ^ Do as PlasticPenguin says. Keep it in an air-tight container full of rice. Give it a few days & see... Do not try powering it on till then. All the best...