Little help please =(!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by `2Much_Lagg, Sep 4, 2008.

1. `2Much_Lagg

`2Much_Lagg New Member

Hi everyone, im a n00b to ipods and all this stuff, i recently just bought a Ipod Touch and i need help, so here are my questions.

I got a 8 gb Ipod touch jailbroken (1.1.4) And i need to do the following

- How do i add a Dictionary to it ? (PLEASE PLEASE BE SPECIFIC, IM KINDA NEW AND STUPID AT THIS KIND OF STUFF SO IT WONT HELP IF YOU JUST SAY GO HERE AND INSTALY /LIBRARY/ROOT or w\e stuff like that.

- Do you need WiFi to use a Dictionary?

- Are they accurate? like can i use them in class?

Thanks please reply back!

~2Much Lagg
  2. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    the application is called weDict. you can find it on the app called installer. you just install it and off you go. there are preferences inside the dictionary itself when you install it and yes it works marvelously in english class =) =) my buddys envy me lol, also you can download more dictoinarys, i would recommend getting a few. its not that hard to find any of these all it requires is about 5 minutes and patience. have fun with your new itouch!
  3. moto617

moto617 New Member

well you have two choices. You can upgrade to 2.0.2 for 10 bucks and get weDict from the app store. Or you can just jailbreak 1.1.4 with +Liberty or Ziphone. I would recommend just upgrading to 2.0.2. Ten bucks is not that much.
  4. `2Much_Lagg

`2Much_Lagg New Member

Thats the problem, see.. When i do that, (I turn wifi off to test it) and it says Not found, or w.e and yeah.. what does it mean by Local.. im confused, like when i type in somthing to search for example "Boat" Nothing comes up or it says No match found, and when i Turn WIFI on it works.. does anyone know if i can use this while at like English class, ro outside or somthing? Without WIFI?
  5. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should probably read some guides first before posting. Jailbreaking is very easy after reading what you should be doing. So please search first.

However, I will give you some help. Installer allows you to download programs to your iPod or iPhone. Go into installer and then go to the install tab at the bottom. Then select "All Packages" and in the search field type "wedict" and it click on it. Then select Install and install wedict.

Only after all of these are done can you disconnect wifi and use wedict without an internet connection. I've not got wedict installed, nor is my iPod to hand... so this is all from memory (so I hope it works).
  6. `2Much_Lagg

`2Much_Lagg New Member

Thats exactly what i tried to do, it didnt work.. It just said not found, there wasent even a Web optioon

Does anyone have anything i can do? or somthing 100% i can get a dictionary on it some how? please reply!

~2Much Lagg
  7. ThatiPodGuy

ThatiPodGuy New Member

Ok just up date to 2.0.2 if you want it go to my website and get the firmware and download it

<removed>

=)
    oh ya
    the app is weDic
    srry ;P
  8. whassuo

whassuo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Bring out the ban hammer.
  9. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Reported for sharing illegal software. Take down that link or the mods won't be happy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

^ My ban hammer

Please Register or Log in to view images

Back when I used to use ル as my avatar.
  10. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yes it DOES work without wifi i can guarentee that as i use it at school with NO wifi