Listening to Audio books... half the time it loses my place

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xythil, Sep 28, 2009.

1. xythil

xythil New Member

I have been listening to my favorite book series on my itouch, A Song of Ice and fire. When I am done with my workout or drive I will pause where I last left off. However half the time I go to hit play again it will not only not start where I left but quite contrarily it starts playing a random song. Any idea what would be causing this? Why does it lose its place. Why does it forget I Was listening to a book? I disabled shake to shuffle as well... so that is not the issue. 50% of the time it is still at the place I paused it but the other half of the time it seems to have lost its place.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    come on someone=/
  2. xythil

xythil New Member

Could someone anwer?
  3. briankh

briankh Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Change your file extentions to .m4a and it should work. That's the audiobook format.
  4. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Have you tried hooking up to itunes and navigating to your audiobooks.. clicking on the audiobook and right click to bring up GET INFO. Go to the options tab.. and make sure "Remember playback position" is checked.
  5. xythil

xythil New Member

IT already remembers playback 90% of the time. But sometimes it randomly loses its place.
  6. xythil

xythil New Member

I went and did this and it MORE than solved my problem! Thank you! Not only does it SAVE my position within the current file but it also shows me which file I was last at. So I can quickly go between music and books which I couldn't do before! Thank you mate.

Edit - Is there a way to reset its position so that it doesnt show how much time is left by each file?
  7. Jodene =o)

Jodene =o) Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Yes, I think you can just rewind right to the beginning of your file when doing it straight on the ipod.... it should act as if the file is from the beginning again.........

OR

If you use itunes before you sync, you can right click and choose Reset Play Count and Mark as Unwatched on the file.. then sync back