Linux Mobile on iPod Touch 2g

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by Milesneptune, May 30, 2009.

1. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why Ubuntu? :p it's desktop only distribution, it won't run on iPhone/iPod, not because processing power but concept of usage.. If you want only for console proposes, why not use Debian instead, Ubuntu is a Debian mutation that makes Desktop usage more easier on GUI level, but on bottom it's still Debian. Or you mean Ubuntu mobile ;]
  2. kirch21

kirch21 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i just read this whole thing i was laughing for like 5 minutes straight! haha

what if he did it and it worked! haha that would be so funny he would talk $h!t for hourssss!
  3. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So I suppose if this guy is right, then I can also create a web server on my iPod by dragging the apache and postgresql logos to it amirite?
  4. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i didnt say anything about dragging anything
  5. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So then it's more like "I converted my iPod to ZFS, does that mean I can install Solaris on it now?"
  6. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just leave him alone, Linux is a (relatively) very complex and confusing thing to understand right out of the box.

But I do agree with the people who believe that we may have a lead here. No one ever thought it would be remotely possible to run Windows on a Wii, but we pulled that off.

The Wii Homebrew scene probably gained about 10 new members just now, LOL

EDIT: Omigod, I thought DOSBox was a DOS emulator not an x86 emulator. Did I just solve our problem?
  7. budm

budm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    GOD!!!

WOW does anyone have the brains to look on their website, iphone linux has and still is working and in developement check this page: (http://www.iphonelinux.org/index.php/Special:RecentChanges) and for those who are to lazy to look here :
    @xxhorseriderxxx: You Think your so cool makin fun of a noob and, you dont even check up on what you say! They still are developing! and you know what I think you should tell everyone else here your wrong cause you were! @the Kid who started the topic: i cant help ya either. sorry

but i hate people who are dicks like this and cant get their facts stright! you dissapointed people here!
    :mad: Grow up!

-also -
    can i also say dont trust what other people say until you check yourself! cause like the guy i quoted no its not made by the dev team. There might be a guy who is a member on the team of iphonelinux, but its not ran by them!

---again-

some dev team members but not the exact same dev team members!
  8. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why is this thread still going?
  9. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You don't need Linux for that ;] theres already version for iPhone OS since the bottom of is OS X, that theres apatch version for it :p

I don't know about PostgreSQL, but if it support ARM CPU architecture and Mac OS, then it's teorticly possible ;]
  10. Challe

Challe New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    He must be trolling!