Linux issues with itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iguy29, Sep 2, 2010.

1. iguy29

iguy29 New Member

Lately I have switched my operating system to linux. I have a xp virtual machine, and i have been trying to sync my ipod touch for a couple of days now. I have taken the steps, like enabling it in the device section, switching on EHCI, USB2.0 support. But when i plug it in, itunes gives me an error that the correct software is not installed, and i need to reinstall itunes. I have done a repair reinstall, and that didnt work. If anyone knows the fix, that would help me a lot. Thanks in advance. I am running 10.04 ubuntu, and VirtualBox with XP SP3 running along with it. I already tried the 800x600 fix. the ipod also shows up as a camera like normal in windows explorer, but there are no accessible pictures.
  2. mrbfromd

mrbfromd New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Don't know if you need to use itunes or something but if you just want to access the ipod Ubuntu can do it. Just plug it in and it will appear on the desktop. To access the music use rythmbox and to get the photos open it as a folder and it's under the DCIM folder. Hope this helps.
  3. feelingleftout

feelingleftout Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    As mrbfromd said, rythmbox will handle all music transfers, f-spot photo manager does photos, and you can ssh apps. No need for iTunes with ubuntu.
  4. TouchFaith

TouchFaith New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Aye, Ubuntu even has a dedicated iPhone/iPT page in their wiki for this. Also notable: other Linux distributions like Debian can access iDevices with libimobiledevice packages.