Linksys WRT 54G and iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by patrikkoo, Mar 24, 2008.

1. patrikkoo

patrikkoo New Member

I want to have Wifi @ my home, so i want to buy this router : LINKSYS WRT54 G.
    Is it compatible with the iPod Touch? is the router any good?
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Almost anything Linksys is good...

but if you want a good Router for your money, get the WRT350N.

Its what i have, and Wi-Fi is all over my house, and i can get wifi from my cousins house, about... 35 Meters away.

Problem is... since the iPod can only handle wireless G, you have to change the settings, so you it only emits Wireless G.
  3. jrods

jrods New Member

dude it is the best.... i had 2 netgear routers and i had to return them because they would not connect ...i then went back and got the LINKSYS WRT54G and it work like a charm and its like 50 buks its great man
  4. patrikkoo

patrikkoo New Member

hi jrods. im new at this thing. do you have to do a certain thing first? like setups or anything on the router or your computer?
  5. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Well, i have the newer version of the router, the WRT54GS. The only difference is that it has something called Speedbooster, which I believe only works with certain linksys cards, so it doesn't matter. It works great, and it comes with a tool to set it up really easy. I highly recommend it. Plus it's like the most popular router in the world. If all you want is stable wifi and a good router, than it works out of the box. But if you want to add more feature to it, kind of like what your doing to your ipod since you are on this website, keep reading.

The source code for it's firmware was actually released (legal issues, Linksys used some Linux code to make their router firmware, bad idea), so many people have actually modded their firmware to make it do many amazing things, like boost the range of the router or add all kinds of new features. Read this to learn more.

Here is another great article. It explains almost everything.
  6. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah i have it its great,