Limited Time: Best Buy Slashes Price of MacBook Air to $799

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Jan 25, 2013.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Hmmm.....I read somewhere that there will be some significant MBA price cuts because the new 2013 MBA should have Retina in it or something. I need to find that article.
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    IMO, it is CRAZY to pay that much, even slashed, for those measly specs!! I payed $300 less than that for my HP Probook and it's specs are far better...just sayin...
    Frostbite714 likes this.
  4. DTGS

DTGS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Okay well... there are people who do ENJOY buying Apple products and to them this is a great deal. Besides this computer might actually last more than two years.
  5. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I bet your computer doesn't have a technology as amazing as Magsafe :p And no super nice trackpad, battery life, and not to mention the unibody is by far the best laptop chassis design on earth.
  6. Sarboyo1

Sarboyo1 New Member

I'm with you, I bought my 17 inch laptop with 1TB of memory, 8gb Ram, i7 Processor, and a Intel 4000 graphics card for less than 750... A 15 inch Macbook Air, that doesn't even have those specs costs 2100...
  7. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    There isn't a 15" Macbook Air, but there is the Retina Macbook Pro. There's no way the screen on your laptop can out-resolutionize (is that a word? :p) the Retina Macbook Pro. I agree it's somewhat absurd, but you can buy a refurbished (like-new) 15" Retina Macbook Pro for around $1800.
  8. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The real deal is on the base model 13" MacBook Air right now. For $999 it is quite a good deal, and could serve as a primary computer for the majority of people out there.

And for those comparing it to a PC, there really isn't an easy way to compare. I am a Mac owner but I have nothing against windows or (well-built) PCs. You can't compare RAM, storage, CPU, or other things directly between the two, since they have different software. Apple does not make much margin on Mac computers, the cost comes from well built components like the unibody build, glass trackpad, good screen, etc. But that doesn't mean everyone needs to have one, or should even want one.

It costs a lot of R&D money to go into making a computer, even a Mac, and even though the parts don't suffice for the entire cost, you wouldn't be able just to pick up all the individual parts from scratch and make it. It's like saying a new prescription drug cost 100 million to invent, but only pennies to produce.
    SilverShip likes this.
  9. Decadent

Decadent Active Member

I should buy a Macbook Air. :cool:
    Zyiros likes this.
  10. TylerDrgnHeart

TylerDrgnHeart Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    ..... Time to sell my 2011 MacBook air...

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2