Limewire on Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vstro24, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vstro24

vstro24 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    wouldnt it be awesome if someone could put limewire or something like that to download music free on the ipod touch. I dont know about you but if I was on the go and not near a computer and dont have an itunes account and I wanted to download music using the wifi for free I would want something like limewire. Any posibility of it happening?
  2. Roujax

Roujax New Member

i was actually thinking about that one day, an app that searches the gnutella network, returns the search results, downloads and saved the songs into the appropriate directory and then edits the library directory files to include the newly downloaded song (i think thats how it works

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  3. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    was actually thinking about that too. It would be amazing.
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Pretty intense, although before this is released i think that a app/edit/update that alllows you to save pictures from safari.
  5. dadedesigns

dadedesigns New Member

Yea, that would be awesome.
  6. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    an app like limewire would be quite nice and i believe it would actually be a big hit since look at the many many people that use programs like limewire. However main problem if songs are downloaded there isn't any definite way to appy them to the ipods music library only way is to load into a folder that can be accesed by the computer to transfer to the computer. However it's still a good idea who knows the way 3rd party apps are going for the itouch and iphone i won't be surprised if i see this one day.
  7. vstro24

vstro24 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    well they have the itunes app and when u buy stuff off that it sticks it into the bought playlist. So if we could get how it does that then cant we just make limewire do it and put it into the Downloaded playlist?
  8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't forget that using a program like this will require you to also keep your wireless connection active a lot longer than iTunes Wi-Fi Store (unless you get better gnutella downloads than I do) and that'll really kill the battery fairly quickly. And then there's the whole upload/download quotas that'll kill you as well...

I'm sure someone will do it - I'm just sure how useful it will actually be day-to-day...
  9. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

This would be great since I do frequently use LimeWire when I can't find something on iTunes, but the biggest turn off is that it is totally illegal, at least in the US. It's legal in Canada to download but not upload.
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please search... this has been brought up a few times.

I believe that Limewire is a java program, and java is not currently supported on the iPod.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.