iOS 4.1 limera1n hangs at "waiting for device"... Help please?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TGITC, Oct 12, 2010.

1. TGITC

TGITC New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Trying to jailbreak with limera1n on a vista laptop. (iTunes is not installed) and when I run it just hangs at waiting for device...

Have tried it (right click) run as admin, just 'normally', and in XP compat mode... Still waiting for device...

Any ideas please? Cant use my main computer, as it is an iMac

Thanks
  2. Notorious97

Notorious97 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ive a 3G 64GB, what i done was connect it to PC (laptop in your case), turn it off fully, then place it into recovery mode. Run LR and hit make it rain. It says waiting for device so i turn off Ipod (hold power down til it goes off and then it asks me to release the pwer button and it comes back on) and then it continues and instructs me what to do from there on.

If you have same model there is a thread with a guide in it which i used. I have XP on my pc also.

EDIT - I also had Itunes latest installed and open when doing this, i tried it twice without Itunes open and it did not work, not sure if it was something i was doing wrong or not but the minute i tried it with Itunes open it worked like a charm.

Link to tutorial i used

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315793
  3. TGITC

TGITC New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks. I think that at least having iTunes installed (even if not actually running) is the key...

I will look at installing itunes on the laptop
  4. Notorious97

Notorious97 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had it installed but first two times not open, the third time i opened it and it worked, not sure if it was just chance though but if you install it sure you may aswell run it lol.

Hope it works for you, my earliar post is all i done, maybe somebody else can help more though
  5. PsxHax

PsxHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Again an ipod touch 3g with limera1n, u know that there is a problem with touch 3g with limera1n, greenpois0n should solve the problem instead
  6. TGITC

TGITC New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, Im downloading iTunes at the moment, and will update this thread according to my results

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. PsxHax

PsxHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The problem is that limera1n is still in beta, ipod touches often have problems, my friends ipod touch 3g failed like 5 times
  8. Notorious97

Notorious97 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Mine wouldnt JB twice, third time it did and its working better than any other JB i have had.

Like other poster said, try GP if this isnt working for you
  9. PsxHax

PsxHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, GP actually is better, not as much bugs
  10. TGITC

TGITC New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OK, so itunes has finished downloading and it wants rebooting... So I will let it reboot and see what happens this time...

EDIT:

It rebooted, and I ran it, and told it I had an ipod etc, but not to synch with it...

Then I closed itunes and ran limera1n - WORKED PERFECTLY... Have installed CYDIA (As a user) I chose that option because I didnt know which to pick..

I have heard something about saving blobs, but I couldnt see that bit... OK, so where do I go now to find out the capiabiltys of cydia?