iOS 4.1 Limera1n Guide and Errors

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PsxHax, Oct 13, 2010.

1. PsxHax

PsxHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Geohot's Limera1n

Reminders: This all new jailbreak is actually aimed for devices with the current A4 processors, but it saids that it supports the ipod touch 3g and 2g mc. It does, but not recommended.

Supported Devices:

iPhone 4
    iPhone 3gs
    iPod Touch 4g
    iPod Touch 3g
    iPod Touch 2g MC

In Red: Not recommended, as many errors as happened as a result, use GP or something else.

Procedures:

1. Download the latest limera1n from www.limera1n.com (prefer beta3 or above)

2. U need iTunes, without iTunes, limera1n won't work and the latest version please for 100 times, or else it still won't work.

3. Press make it ra1n like blackra1n and wait

4. Here comes the tricky part, limera1n is more annoying than blackra1n, since you have to things manually!!! Hold the power and home button as soon as it tells you to! People screw up because of this.

5. DFU Trap! Put your hands of the power button as soon as it tells u to, that's where people screw up the most, pressing it too long and they complain when it's their own problem.

6. Wait for the limera1n to exploit, remove the home button and let it work, if it lags, wait, if u turn it off, u will then have to restore and start all over again.

7. It turns off automatically and u turn it back on, then a limera1n app should be there, whoot!

Bugs which aren't bugs:

1. The limera1n app is here, but the icon is a document icon. It is very normal, just reboot it after installing cydia and it should turn back into a limera1n icon.

2. Cydia doesn't exist after installing. I got this problem too, restart it and it should be lying around your iDevice.

Troubleshooting:

1. Mac Users - Parallels or vMware like apps won't work, it can't exploit since it needs the hard drive, boot camp will work.

2. Unlockers!!! U have a problem, if u have a ultrasn0w unlock on your device, forget about it. If u are lucky, then cydia should work properly. For most of u, don't complain geohot for breaking your device, he warned u.

3. TinyUmbrella Users. I have problems with this, if you want to unlock, it's fine. If u use it to sustain your baseband, errors will run out and boom, ur phone will be dead and u will be screaming. So don't use it

4. iPod touch 3g and 2g. This is also a problem to u, use GP. If it works, fine. If it doesn't, or with errors, it's ur problem since the error was posted on the web

Bugs:

1. FontSwap won't work! It is normal, I can't do anything with it.

2. The Usage is "-". I also have this problem, but overcharging until it saids zero minutes and the problem will be over.

This is the end, if u have questions, post it on or any improvements, please add, XD
  2. It4Ch1

It4Ch1 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I want this stickyed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Good Advice.
    Shall remain 4.0 JB.
  3. jmparagon

jmparagon Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    great "red" advice. was gonna upgrade my 3.1.3 to 4.1. will stick with 3.1.3 for now.
  4. ayeitschris

ayeitschris Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Gp is basically the same thing as limera1n?
  5. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    GP uses the same exploit as limera1n. They're the same thing. The "Loader" app it installs is, when unhidden, is the limera1n icon.
  6. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    It's fine for ipod 3G models. Not 2GMC. The very fact that you have 3GS in black and iPod 3G in red is contradicting. It has the same hardware.
  7. PsxHax

PsxHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    But for some reason ipod touch 3g has more problems, while no problems for 3gs for now, dunno why?
  8. julien10

julien10 Member

After jailbreaking with limera1n, do I need to install afc2add or is it already installed with limera1n?
  9. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You still need to install afc2add.
  10. juniperpansy

juniperpansy Member

yikes. I was trying to sync my limra1n ipod touch 4 to itunes but it wouldn't complete. So I tried to turn off the ipod but now it is stuck with the loading thing (spinning circle) and the ipod touch wont turn off...