Limera1n and Ipod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lakerfanalways, Oct 9, 2010.

1. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Since I am going to be purchasing an Ipod Touch 4G 32 gig I would like to know for all of you who have this Ipod(Or the 4G in general) any issues with installing Limera1n? It looks like Greenpois0n might be delayed so since we have this jailbreak right now we mind as well just use it. Just want to make sure that this jailbreak doesn't have any issues like others have had with the earlier Ipod Touches..Is Cydia running properly..is the jailbreak difficult to install? Thanks
  2. elimcfly

elimcfly Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im having Difficulties on my Touch 4G 32 Gig....
  3. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    What's the problem
  4. elimcfly

elimcfly Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oops, take that back. I have got it to work, you just need Itunes opened in the background. Weird. lol. But it's was pretty easy for me!
  5. JoshH100

JoshH100 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    From what I've read the jailbreak works fine for 4th gen devices but the 3rd gen devices are having problems due to the fact that the "untethered part of the jailbreak wasn't meant for 3rd gen devices." This is what I have read:

Chronic dev team:Not surprised --> RT @StealthBravo: I am hearing reports that limera1n is not working on new bootrom 3GSs. Anyone had any luck?-twitter

Due to geohot releasing an untether that was not even designed for older devices, prepare for a lot of support issues over the next few days
    So I think it is fine for 4th gen ipod touch.
  6. touchhacker101

touchhacker101 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 4G 32GB. No issues except I had to reboot after installing cydia.
  7. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Have had no problems using LimeRa1n beta 2. Follow instructions correctly. Release power button (NOT home). Works like a charm

iPod Touch 4G 32GB
  8. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok great, SO glad that its working for everyone here. So as far as instructions on how to use this thing, what do I do..since this Ipod will be brand new, never used before..I just plug it in(Itunes will of course open) then what, I open up limera1n(Beta 2) and press make it rain and it will do the rest?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh and how is Cydia running? I want to install sbsettings when I get it so of course want to make sure that Cydia works properly
  9. WildPS2King

WildPS2King Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Cydia is working better than I expected as well as SBSettings. I had no problem Jailbreaking either so you have nothing to worry about!
  10. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    After you press let it rain, follow the directions that pop up. Cydia runs perfectly. It's not an automated process unfortunately...