Light Sensor 16GB Ipod 2nd Gen Not Working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phantomsiren, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Phantomsiren

Phantomsiren New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am running the current firmware (3.1.2) and I Jailbroke it using Blackra1n. Everything was good for awhile and then it suddenly stopped lighting up. I have the Brightness setting maxed and it makes no difference. I restored the current firmware (unjailbreaking it) and that made no difference. I read somewhere that if you hold down the menu and power button to reset it, it would come back. I did this once and the light came back on before I reset it and then when it reset, it was not working again. I've only had the Ipod for 6 months. Any ideas why the light sensor is not working or methods to try and get it going again? Also, there is no physical damage to the area where it is.
  2. xxwolfiexx

xxwolfiexx New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if i were you i would exchange it, it';s not your fault, it's something wrong with the device i think
  3. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i wouldnt worry unless you think its essential but its useless to me i just leave it off
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah... The auto feature IS set, isn't it ?

Where is the bugger anyway ? Near which corner ? Is that part clean ?
  5. Phantomsiren

Phantomsiren New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The light sensor is located just above the screen in the middle. The light sensor area is clean. Without the back light, I literally can't see the contents of my Ipod in the screen unless I have massive light shining nearby. The auto brightness is disabled as well. I Googled this problem and many others have had the same issue but I found only one solution and it didn't help me. I was just hoping that maybe someone on here has had the same problem and has a viable solution.
  6. Godamnation

Godamnation New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Disable auto-brightness and maximize the brightness.
    If that doesn't work, there may be a problem with the light sensor.