Light leaking?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ari., Jul 1, 2010.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    My iPad has lit leaking around edges, it's sort of hard to see but very obvious on black backgrounds and in movies, its not bright light, but it's like a light discolouration on the top right of the screen.

Anyone else got this issue?

Do you think it will go away itself?

Only problem wi me taking back and getting screen replaced is I will lose my £20 screen shield which is a pain to get back on perfectly and the fact I'll have to restore and all...

Any tips?
  2. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just bring it back and get it replaced before your stuck getting only refurbished ipads =P
  3. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't mind refurbs, they are basically brand new, they have everything replaced and are basically double checked for problems lol.

Might go to apple store and ask opinion, but i hate when they say, "have you tried restore?" - sometimes restore doesn't fix hardware issues

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Hardware issues?

Flickering backlight at low brightness - checked
    Smudgy screen full of conductive material stuck on the glass resulting in erratic touch - checked
    Screen glued too close to glass resulting in ripples when you press a bit too hard (this means unrealistic touches) - checked
    Loose home button - checked
    Uneven plastic holding the glass and backplate together - checked
    Your baby drooling on the iPad - checked
    You dropping the iPad - checked
    You are too weak to hold the iPad on one hand - checked

I think we can be very nitpick about it and at the end of the day, the issue may not be all that much...

I personally have the top three listed and the next few ones occasionally... But my iPad remains very usable.

My iPhone 4 is of course... much more stable and does not have a single flaw, but it's a smaller device. I'd think something as thin and large as the iPad wouldn't come off without build quality issues. Just the fact that it's still in one piece at that thickness is already an amazing feast.
  5. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I have to say that i never noticed any hardware issues... the only problems i can see are some software things that could be fixed^^
  6. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I have the same problem unfortunately ! .. The only problem being is that it does it whenever it likes so it would be hard to prove this at the apple store !.. Also since you have a screen protector they will give you a choice of cases at a budget of £20 !
  7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Really?? when i got iPhone screen replaced last week they took shield off and threw away and didnt offer me anything :O
  8. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Really ? .. Why did you not say anything ? When I had my old iPod touch I had a zagg on the front and back and when the replaced my iPod due to battery issues I questioned them about my zagg, they offered me a case of my choice ! .. Really you shouldn't of let them do that!..
  9. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I never knew

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well I did get 3 sync cables replaced and 2 headphones (all broke and under warranty) so maybe they thought that was enough lol
  10. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah that's a lot of replacements ! Lol..