Light leakage as an excuse for a replacement?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GTRagnarok, Oct 20, 2010.

1. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    So I had a BSE full body skin on my iPT4. I took off the front skin recently because it didn't fit well with my TPU case. And um...it's been less than 2 weeks and I already have a bunch of small scratches on the screen

Please Register or Log in to view images

Not sure how it happened; I try to take good care of my electronics. It's never been in the same pocket with any keys or anything. I want to keep it scratch free for best resale value in the future.

Anyway, mine has a noticeably light leak. It's right there, visible, and not at an obscure angle or anything. But the case covers it up so it honestly hasn't bothered me. Should I use it as an excuse for an exchange? I mean, I kinda feel like an ass to do it, but I guess there shouldn't be any noticeable problems on these things anyway.

I heard that they can give you a refurbished iPod in exchange and not necessarily a new one? Is that true? I'd be kinda iffy about that. Pics attached.

Attached Files:

2. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    If you haven't had your device for 2 weeks or 14 days they should replace with a new one.

Though I'd do it if I were you.Nothing wrong with getting a great deal

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I've had it for a month. But I've had the front naked for a couple weeks and that's when they're getting scratched.

Wouldn't they be suspicious? Like wouldn't they ask why would the light leak be a problem now, instead of a month ago when I first got it? >_>
  4. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I doubt they'd care.They just want to make their cash and go home.I seriously doubt they'd ask really.

Plus it doesn't matter.The Light leak is a problem so you have every right to return it because of it.
  5. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    no, theyll replace it. IF they ask, say that it just started/ OR i just noticed it when i was watching a movie, in a dark room.

and theyll give you a brand new one, or one without ANY scratches, since ipod 4's are fairly new.

dont worry, replace it, they cant say jack, its their fault.
  6. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ^Though I don't like lying that would be a precise answer.
  7. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    its as simple as this:
    light leak is a problem.
    you can return it, and you should return.
    no problems should arise.
    if they do, stick that warranty in their face.
  8. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    you can return it. whether you should is entirely up to you. if you can live with it, do so. I have it and im returning it, but not becasue of the light leaks, but because of REALLY horrendous battery life.

word of advice: if you are to return it, do it now. as of last thursday they have no refurbs yet. the guy told me they would ordder me a new one and they called me on saturday and told me i have ten days to go and pick it up. so do it now if you really dont want a refurb. which you really shouldnt considering youve only had it amonth. i have a probnlem right now, but 7 months down the line if my ipod was in good shape, i wouldnt mind a refurb since the value of mine would have gone down to what a refurb price would be anyways. right now my device is worth 280 dollars (in my opinion) because its used. scratch/dent free, and completley working asides from the battery. the price i said excluded the battery.
  9. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanks guys. I'll do it this weekend. Closest store is an hour and a half away, so I hope it goes well.
  10. jmonster66

jmonster66 Member

hmm, I don't think its necessary for me to make a new thread to ask this question.
    Someone should be able to answer it here?

Will apple deny replacement on a device that has a tiny bit of damage to it?
    The metal casing is slightly bent on the left side. But there's a light leak on the right side that can be noticed from a mile away (not caused by the damage). I can do everything in my power to try and bend it back into place, but it won't look good as new...

Is it worth giving it a shot?