Light Leak [READ]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by deeboy55, Oct 6, 2010.

1. deeboy55

deeboy55 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi,

Just to let you know. The problem with light leaking is not really confined to the IPT4G? I have no idea what causes but I know that on my IPT2G I had TERRIBLE light leak from brand new. There where about 8-9 spots around the rim that would leak.

I have no problems with the IPT4G. I don't think its a new problem
  2. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    yup... before selling my IPT3g I looked at it closely and realized it also had a slight leak. I never noticed it before, but it never caused any issues. Like most here, my 4g also has the light leak, but I doubt I will exchange since it's almost a sure thing the new one would have the same issue.
  3. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yeah I just realized this now

My 3G had terrible light leaking, at the time I had no clue what it was so I carried on as if it was normal. It also had these weird semi circles around the edges, and the bottom right corner pushes down when you apply some pressure on
  4. deeboy55

deeboy55 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Mine had that aswell. It actually had this weird unstraight border around half an inch inside the screen. Now I look back it actually had a couple of problems. I have no idea why anyone is complaining about lightleak. It was honestly not even a worry for me.
  5. ajgardemal

ajgardemal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Also if compare the two ipods (2g/3g vs 4g) you can see that the metal rim around the ipod touch 4 is much thinner than the one on the ipod 2g/3g. So there are probably light leaks we just cant see them
  6. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yes, the iPod touch 2G/3G had light leak problems, but no one complained a lot as much as now
  7. micky13

micky13 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I've had every generation of the iPod touch (and even 2 1st gen devices, an 8GB, and 16GB). And not once have I experienced a light leakage issue.
  8. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    My 1st gen and my 4th gen don't seem to have any noticeable light leaks. The cases cover the rims so I don't really get a chance to notice 100% of the time. I ran them naked in the dark and I didnt notice anything unusual wow that sounded creepy wow this is a run on sentence hooray.
  9. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I switch my iPt4 2 times. The first one have one side leak and the second not only have a light leak (minor) but a light 'bleed'. In other words there is light coming from the top and the bottom of the screen. Right below the fCamera and above the Home button. It sucks.
  10. Vekk

Vekk New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have two very small "in length" light leaks, one on the bottom right hand corner and another one the right hand side in the middle. Now that I have a case on my iPod touch 4G I don't even see the light leaks anymore so its not a problem.