LibUSB0.dll?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Pacninja, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Pacninja

Pacninja New Member

When messing about and trying to reboot my 'dead' pod on linux, I received the message from wine saying 'LibUSB0.dll not found' and a slew of error messages. Is it possible that only this dll is required and not the whole install?

I guess not?
  2. Pacninja

Pacninja New Member

No one huh? Well w/e, i thought it was a good idea. Sad Face. =(
  3. encrypt

encrypt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dude, what are you talking about? there's a linux version of libusb
  4. Pacninja

Pacninja New Member

I'm not saying it won't run on Nix, Im trying to suggest that only LibUSB0.DLL Is required, not libusb, read the question.
  5. Clash

Clash New Member

Yes, that is correct. We install libusb because it gives us that libusb dll. People are already static linking that DLL so it's packed inside the .exe so you won't even need the .dll.
  6. Pacninja

Pacninja New Member

Cool. I guess i'll read about linking to DLL functions now, Learning C++ is a real pain!
  7. DHowett

DHowett New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The DLL Interfaces with the Service that the LibUSB installer sets up. The DLL will do nothing without the Service.
    You can prove that by unpacking the installer and running "libusbtest-win32" with libusb0.dll in the same folder, on a system without libusb installed. Nothing shows up.

Why would you want to run a windows libusb tool in WINE? WINE doesn't support USB very well. A cross-platform boot tool (compiled for Linux as well as others) would work.