libusb vista problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by hines889, Feb 1, 2009.

1. hines889

hines889 New Member

okay so i understand how to jailbreak and everything but when i go to install libusb i do the whole vista compatibility thing and whatnot but when i run the setup it gets to the point where it says creating kernels or whatever and then the bar is full. When you think it would be done my whole computer freezes and the mouse wont even move. HELP ME PLEASE I WANT TO JAILBREAK
  2. yandao

yandao New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Are you on a laptop or desktop?

If your on a laptop, your keyboard should still be functioning.

If that is the case...

Use your keyboard to navigate to System Restore, and restore to the more recent date. Or, when you reboot, press F8 repeatedly until you reach a menu. Pick either "Last known good configuration" or Safe Mode and uninstall libusb immediately. Your USB ports should work. When your installing libusb, run it in compatibility mode. (Windows XP SP2)

Now, either....
    1: wait for a complete jailbreak
    2: take the risk and do this jailbreak
  3. hines889

hines889 New Member

destop senor
  4. yandao

yandao New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Oh. I dont have a desktop.. I'm on a laptop atm and the keyboard is supposed to be working because it isnt connected to the USB ports.
  5. hines889

hines889 New Member

im not having the problem with the keyboard and mouse that is when you dont use the compatibility mode. i used the compatibility mode and the install almost fully completes and then my computer just freezes... i have restarted my pc and retried multiple times. im on a 32 bit vista if that helps
  6. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you run as administrator?
  7. hines889

hines889 New Member

i am a secondary administrator but i will actually right click run as administrator right now
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok after running it as an administrator it still freezes after the bar is full
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anybody... superbowl bump
  8. LordXaras

LordXaras New Member

In the libusb community, it seems quite well-known that it kills USB functions on certain Vista computers (rendering USB mouses and keyboards useless). Why this knowledge hasn't propagated to this dark corner of the net is beyond me, but I suppose people are running Mac.

Even more annoying, libusb doesn't seem to work on my MacBook, which makes the whole jailbreak debacle impossible for me.

EDIT: try this. It seems to have helped me resolve the immediate libusb issues, and I'll see if the jailbreak can work.
    http://lejos.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=541
  9. alexak93

alexak93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    start it in safe mode then unistall libusb. it f***ed up my computer too
  10. taylor310

taylor310 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol I thought one of the installers I was a virus or something and killed my computer.

Please Register or Log in to view images