LibUSB Vista 32bit Home Premium

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by andrew!, Mar 18, 2009.

1. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have read everywhere that people get the BSOD even after running in compatibility mode on Win Vista 32bit. Will this happen? i dont want to take any chances...
  2. thunderstruck7

thunderstruck7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you only get BSOD when you shutdown, standby, hibernate, or restart. you just have to hold the power button in to shutdown manually. just uninstall it after you finish using it and you'll be fine.
  3. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So like right after I jailbreak I just need to uninstall it and no BSOD?
  4. a2g1kid

a2g1kid New Member

Bsod

I installed LIBUSB running the same configuration as you(windows vista ultimate 32-bit) and I cant get quickfreedom to recognize my ipod nor the installation of LIBUSB. I restarted my computer after the install hoping it would change something and I did get a blue screen as my computer starts up. It has happened twice. It is just a memory dump. It last foe like 5 seconds and then boots up with no problem.
  5. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It may seem harmless but its kind of scary when your parents see it and freak out. My mom and I are pretty good with computers but trying to explain all this iPod jailbreaking lingo would prove to be a daunting task. And if she saw the BSOD she would know something is wrong...

But if i install LibUSB, jailbreak, then uninstall LibUSB, should i be BSOD free?
  6. a2g1kid

a2g1kid New Member

yes there would be no BSOD if you uninstalled LIBUSB before you restarted your computer. I just wish i could get this to work.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok that is good. Its weird though because last time i installed LibUSB (back at tethered jb) i didnt run in compatibility and i didnt get a BSOD. then i ran in compatibility and still nothing. BUT when the computer hibernated, it wouldnt respond to anything. this was even after a system restore. i just went in and searched for libusb and deleted all traces of it.
  8. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeh i got that.

was like wtf?

fixed now tho
  9. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mind posting how? I would like to know before i eff over my computer haha
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, installed LibUSB sucessfully, now I'm restoring from backup. Boot logo works so far and computer seems fine, /sarcasm/ I can hardly wait for the uninstall!! /sarcasm/
  10. a2g1kid

a2g1kid New Member

I can install LIBUSB but quickfreedom wont recognize that its installed

Please Register or Log in to view images