LibUsb Stopped my iPod charging

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by EvilDuck, Mar 21, 2009.

1. EvilDuck

EvilDuck New Member

I plugged my JB ipod in earlier and it started charging as normal, their was a voltage sign in the battery so it all appeared normal.

However I loaded up iTunes and their was no voltage sign in the battery, just a normal battery, so i unplugged and plugged my iPod back in, again their was a voltage sign on my iPods battery and this time on my iTunes battery.

Five minutes later though the voltage sign had disappeared in Itunes again, but it was their on my iPod as though it was charging normally. So I loaded up the SysInfoPlus app from Cydia and on capacity it read "84% (not charging)"

I unplugged and plugged my iPod again, this time it said "84% (Charging", five minutes later however it was back to "84% (not charging)", even though the iPod battery said it was charging.

So I uninstalled LibUsb thinking it was a USB problem and everything was back to normal, LibUSB must have interfered somehow with the charging.

This is just for those people experiancing the same thing, check your iPod is actually charging in iTunes, dont rely on your iPod battery voltage sign!
  2. Invius

Invius New Member

I had a similar problem only mine was stuck at 95%, so I restarted my ipod and all was well.