libusb screwed up my USB ports

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by airwavez, Feb 4, 2009.

1. airwavez

airwavez New Member

Hey, I'm trying to jailbreak my ipod. So far i've gotten the screen to flash white etc. But that's not the problem. I've installed libusb and it's completely disabled my usb ports in my computer, not that big of a deal of i could just uninstall it, but the thing is both my keyboard and my mouse are USB, so I can't do anything but start up the computer. I can't even charge my iPod anymore. Luckily I restored it before I restarted the computer and the USB ports got f***ed. Any help here? I will continue the Jailbreak on my laptop which is a 32 bit Vista. The computer I f***ed up was 64bit Vista. Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just restore your computer with pressing f8 while booting or boot it with the OS DVD in it. And check "compatible with windows xp sp2" next time

3. Tox

Tox New Member

Yep as he said^. Same happened to me, I simply installed libusb again and everything went fine.
  4. airwavez

airwavez New Member

thanks for your help guys, but I lost my vista disk, and when I was installing libusb i checked compatibility mode for windows xp sp2, and it wouldnt find my ipod. So i installed it from the GUI tool. in the f8 menu 'use last know good configuration' does nothing. I'll try to burn another Vista disk.. I guess thats my only option. JB continues on 32 bit vista... xD
  5. sfxguy

sfxguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    for anyone who has lost OS disks, I was able to boot windows into safe mode and use system restore from the start menu.

turning the pc off with the power button when windows has loaded makes the 'windows did not shut down properly' menu appear on booting if it isnt already, then choose safe mode.

once everythings up and running again, use the win98 compatibility option mentioned and it should install without a problem.
  6. CalebMingle

CalebMingle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Happened to me, simple solution.

Boot up the Safe Mode with only the command prompt.. or the Safe Mode with only the minimal basics..

type:

cd C:/Windows/system32
    del libusb0.dll
    cd drivers
    del libusb0.sys

Reboot the system, should be fine

7. xdyldogx

xdyldogx New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I did the same exact thing
    Except when it finished installing, a blue screen popped up and starting deleting my physical memory (I was like oh ****, i crashed my laptop).
    But windows automatically uninstalled it
    (im running vista home premium)
  8. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

9. DeadPenguin1359

DeadPenguin1359 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have some sort of vista, and I had the same problem. All I did was uninstall LibUSB via control panel and unplug and replug anything in the USB ports. Not sure if this is what u were asking