Libusb screwed my comptuer

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by racecardude09, Mar 20, 2009.

1. racecardude09

racecardude09 New Member

dude i jsut tried to install the program libusb and it screwed up my usb drives nothing was working from the usbs so i had to call dell support so idk but is there any where else to download libusb instead of from the actual program quick freedom since that is from where i installed it and it didn't work.. i mean idk if it worked but that it screwed my comptuer it did....
    i mean i don't knwo if it is still installed since i download it to my usb....i also download it quickfreedom......
  2. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Calm down... I had the same problem, LibUSB sucks. I'm on Windows Vista Ultimate x64 bit and it's only been bad news for me. I get BSOD whenever I shut down (presently), and before when I tried to install it, it shut down all my USB ports.

To fix it in Windows Vista:

Pop in your restore CD
    Hit Install
    Go to System Repair (Or whatever it says)
    Then hit System Restore
    Go to the LibUSB system restore point, and wait
    Now restart and its all better
  3. dlw1165

dlw1165 New Member

When you install Libsub make sure you install it in compatibility mode for XP SP3 with administrator privileges.
  4. racecardude09

racecardude09 New Member

Well now I have it fixed I have dell 32 bit but was it a virus oh and I installed it on my flashdrive so I think it's already installed and I hope it works oh and what do I do in order to have a copy of the 2.2.1 firmware do I download it from quick freedom?
  5. bgsashaw

bgsashaw New Member

yea it messed my computer up the same way but i dont have a restore cd and i dnt kno wat to do
  6. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When you guys boot up your computer keep pressing F8 or something.
    It should take you into recovery mode.
    Trust me, Vista + LibUsb = bad news.
    Really.
  7. srhawk24

srhawk24 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    o man im so tired of this... Im having the same problems.. I have vista 32bit and I jailbroke my ipod + installed libusb without putting it into compatibility mode..
    So yea i get the bsod too everytime i shutdown.
    I uninstalled libusb and theres all these problems with itunes... So I reinstall and make sure I put it in compatibility mode and ran as admin but STILL no luck!? wtf?

Anyone have any ideas? I mean, uninstalling and reinstalling isnt working for me... This sh*t totally rained on my jailbreaking parade lol

Please help..
  8. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had a similar problem.

BSOD Everytime. I simply un-installed it after my jailbreak, and now its all good.
  9. srhawk24

srhawk24 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Didn't you have any problems running itunes though?
  10. Jascaentipol

Jascaentipol New Member

i had the same thing, installed libusb through quickfreedom to create a custom nor-only ipsw, and that night i started getting bsod at every shutdown/restart/hibernate/and close of laptop lid. so i just found out uninstalling libusb takes care of it, and what do you know, no more problems, and so far, no itunes problems BESIDES getting a few songs not wanting to go to my itouch or nano and freezing the sync, but that has been happening for months now, and it sucks man!