libusb issues on Windows7 x64

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Slashmolder, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Slashmolder

Slashmolder New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I did this first: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Disable-Driver-Signing-in-x64-Windows-Vista-53491.shtml

I also ran libusb's isntaller as an administrator in XP SP2 compatibilty mode. libusb did not work. I tried restarting and after that all my usb ports did not work. I have the C++ Runtime so that should not be a problem either. It works just fine on my computer with Vista x86 on it. Any ideas as to why this is happening to me?
  2. besthijacker

besthijacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    as reading the forums, I didnt see single post saying that they were able to JB their ipod under vista x64
  3. Slashmolder

Slashmolder New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This guide here mentions that it should work on vista and 7 x64 if you do the first step I mentioned. As stated before this isn't a huge deal as I have already installed redsn0w on my computer with vista x86 but I normally use my computer with 7 installed for my iPod so it is somewhat of a pain to go between the two.
  4. xt3rmin8

xt3rmin8 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    probably doesn't work in the 64bit environment, i tried it out with vista 64bit and didn't work, then i tried it in windows 7 32bit and it worked
  5. Sloppy

Sloppy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've read up on libusb and they have no support for 64-bit. I had to use an XP machine instead of my Vista x64.