Libusb fail on vista?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by arberb, Jan 25, 2009.

1. arberb

arberb New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

I tried installing libusb but it f***s up all my hardware. I heard it doesn't work on vista is that true?
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Restart in safe mode and uninstall it, then when attempting to install it again, run the installer in Windows XP compatibility mode.
  3. arberb

arberb New Member

4. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

Vista is icky
    lol
  5. sfan786

sfan786 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah It screwed me up on vista too
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not really, SP1 is actually a very nice OS.

Yeah, that's because it hasn't been updated to work with Vista, but your problems can easily be fixed by running the installer in XP compatibility mode.
    You can't expect everything to work with a new OS, especially with the major changes Vista introduced.
  7. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have legitimate copies of both Vista and XP (as well as ME, 98, 95 etc.). I have to say that XP is the fastest running. Vista looks nice and I used it for about a year until it just wouldn't boot all of a sudden and I just installed XP "Pirated Edition" (meaning that unnecessary features are taken out and things like Java, flash etc. are already installed).

When it takes 45 seconds to open control panel with 4GB of ram and a 3.2 GHz dual core processor in Vista, I feel crying.
  8. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree. I switched to Ubuntu Linux last week and love it. You can do anything on it that Vista can do, as long as you have the IQ to use google. And Ubuntu is cooler and free.
  9. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If it takes 45 seconds to open the Control Panel, then it's your problem, not the OS.
    I can open the control panel in less than a second with 3GB of RAM and a dual core 2.0 Ghz processor.
    You were probably infected with some kind of malware, which is very preventable.

I really don't understand the point of using any form of Linux as your primary operating system when there are much more capable ones, but that isn't what this thread is about, so I'll leave it there.
  10. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But you have to pay for them

That is you my friend.