Libusb doesn't work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by badmadskillz, Mar 25, 2009.

1. badmadskillz

badmadskillz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have been screwing around with libusb and it just doesn't want to work for me! I have been following the instructions on libusb-win32.sourceforge.net but I can't get past this step:

"When Windows asks for a driver, choose the inf-file(s) created above. On Win2k and WinXP systems, Windows will warn that the driver is is not 'digitally signed'. Ignore this message and continue with the installation."

I think my problem is Windows doesn't ask me for a driver, it just goes ahead and installs the same drivers again.

I'm using a 32bit vista home premium and running everything in compatability mode and as administrator...is there any jailbreaking software that doesn't need libusb?
  2. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member

No I dont think so because libusb is needed to upload the patch on the touch. Correct me if im wrong.
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The OP could wait for Quickpwn to come out, but who knows when that will happen
  4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You're using the device driver, not the filter driver.
    Download it here and right click it, then select Properties and run in in Windows XP SP 2 compatibility mode.