libusb breaks pc during jailbreak - methods not using that?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freeballer, Mar 27, 2009.

1. freeballer

freeballer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've gone through heck trying to get it jailbreaked... But honestly it seems to be libusb. Once installed my mouse/keyboard is totally unusable. My rig is a shuttle pc, with a bluetooth keyboard/mouse (the shuttle does not have ps2). When I install libusb I can no longer use keyboard and mouse, so I rebooted and same thing. I've also used a wireless tether and a ps2->usb adapter and same.. The only way to get working was to restore to previous restore point and remove libusb. I also tried to get hold of the authors but nothing back to me, so is why I'm asking here;

First, are there any methods to jailbreak that don't involve libusb installations?
    Second, if someone does know why this is happening can you please post here?

Thanks,
    Geo
  2. vipergtsrvp

vipergtsrvp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did the same thing if your using vista and this happens just before installing right click and goto properties then Compatibilty Check Run for XP Service Pack 2

procede to install and all is well

hope i helped
  3. freeballer

freeballer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    unfortunately I did that :-( sorry forgot to post that info
    And it is vista 32bit
  4. vipergtsrvp

vipergtsrvp New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah my restore points didnt work so i had to redo all my stuff someone should sticky that LibUSB NO WORK VISTA

id be great
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That would be great if it were true, but I've had LibUSB on 3 of the Vista computers in my house, and the only downside to it was that my Brother's Zune wouldn't sync right...
  6. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had no problem using it either except that I wasn't able to shut down. My computer would go through the process of shutting down and then it would suddenly give me the blue screen of death. Make sure that you also run it as administrator when installing it. Also as soon as you're done jailbreaking make sure you uninstall it. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit with sp1 and all the latest updates.
  7. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    IT DO WORK VISTA!
    I have libusb on my Vista 32-bit and works great!
  8. freeballer

freeballer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dunno what to tell people but if it wasn't libusb removing it, or restoring to prior point wouldn't work so obviously its either something with my hardware or something.. I literally cannot reboot it, or use the system the second its installed. Before the installer finishes the mouse and keyboard are already useless and plugging in anything usb at that point is not recognized. I had thought to use remote desktop or vnc -- install, jailbreak, remote, uninstall but vnc is weird in vista and my other pc would be using linux boot cd.. But obviously this is abnormal thing, and quite a few extra steps that a person shouldn't have to take to jailbreak their system.
  9. iPod Touch™

iPod Touch™ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea this is what happened to my friend when he installed LIBUSB on his PC Vista idk what dit the mouse stopped orking and he was pissed

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. kbright1892

kbright1892 New Member

It stopped working on mine for a minute or two a couple times during the jailbreak. However, it would always start up again automatically if I gave it a couple minutes. The light on my mouse would go off when it stopped and then light up again when it restarted. Keyboard is bluetooth so I had to watch the mouse to know when it started again. It's like the USB card was "rebooting" or something.