libnet?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jimbeam, Jan 21, 2009.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is this what I think it is? Found libnet in cydia. Here is the site http://www.packetfactory.net/libnet/

Libnet is a high-level API (toolkit) allowing the application programmer to construct and inject network packets. It provides a portable and simplified interface for low-level network packet shaping, handling and injection. Libnet hides much of the tedium of packet creation from the application programmer such as multiplexing, buffer management, arcane packet header information, byte-ordering, OS-dependent issues, and much more. Libnet features portable packet creation interfaces at both the IP-layer and link-layer, as well as a host of supplementary and complementary functionality. Using libnet, quick and simple packet assembly applications can be whipped up with little effort. With a bit more time, more complex programs can be written (Traceroute and Ping were easily rewritten using libnet and libpcap)

I thought the iphone/ipod touch was not capable of injecting packets??
  2. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well, obviously not.
  3. n1mda

n1mda New Member

I was the one who ported libnet. As far as i know, this does not help us with packet injection for eg wep cracking. Though its great for creating lowlevel packets such as arp replies. Read more about it here: www.axeldoesstockholm.se/techblog