Libactivator Compiling Help

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by boopyman, May 18, 2010.

1. boopyman

boopyman Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey guys,
    After realizing that an SBSettings toggle was much too dangerous in my hands, I'm moving towards making an app that uses libactivator, which seems to be what everybody's switching too anyway. This technique seems much simpler, but I'm already having trouble compiling an example.

After I saw this idea in another thread, I decided to use Skylar's MobileSubstrate template with libactivator in XCode. This seemed pretty simple, so I added the libactivator.dylib to the correct folder, and the libactivator.h to the include folder. I tried compiling some example code, but now it's giving me this error:

Code:
      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_LAActivator", referenced from:
          __objc_classrefs__DATA@0 in myapp.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I found out on the web that this is usually due to not being able to find the correct framework, but I've tried many different ways, either by adding the actual libraries to the resources and tons of other stuff, but I can't figure it out.

Anybody willing to show me the way on this?

Thanks in advance,
    boopyman
  2. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You added libactivator.dylib to a folder called ../lib, right?

If you did it right, you should be able to right-click the frameworks folder, and choose "Add existing framework", and select it.
  3. boopyman

boopyman Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's in the lib folder, but when I select add existing framework, it's grayed out, while libsubstrate.dylib isn't. What could be causing this?