Let's talk about an ebay seller that cheats the community.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by one1, Oct 26, 2009.

1. one1

one1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

SO, ebay seller bureenz sell this product HERE to myself 2 weeks ago.

As you can see from the emails he waits a week before shipping the product out because he sold something he did not have in stock to being with. When it arrives I open the package to find the ribbon cable ripped and write him, you see the response I got. "tough" basically. The refund policy listed on his auction is "Returns:
    3 day exchange, buyer pays return shipping " by the way just so you know. All I wanted was a new digitizer. Now that I have bought another one from another company tonight, even if I wanted the refund he isn't offering one because unlike his auction states, he sends a SECOND note in the box that has different return policies than what he lists on ebay. I hope they remove him completely when I report to them his "dual" fraudulent policies not being honored as advertised. You cannot have TWO completely different return policies, especially if the second set is not on the auctions agreed terms and were not disclosed before the sale. I'm going to check with my attny to see if all of his unsatisfied buyers can sue him collectively for his breach on contract agreement on the auction return policy for a grand sum between all of us.

So I look through his feedback and I'm not the only one getting screwed on shipping or bad product or terrible service after the sale or him selling product he doesn't have. If you have to order something from an ebay seller, anyone aside of this guy will do.
  2. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you payed by paypal they will refund you.

check feedback BEFORE you buy
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That's defiantly the dark side of eBay.

But... Why didn't you read the reviews on the seller?
    I'd be extremely cautious when buying from online public auctions.

Oh well. I hope you get your money back, that's terrible.
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Oh man, this reminds me of the numerous con-cases that I've read about in some local e-commerce forums... Sorry to hear about your loss but you really should have checked this fellow's reviews and ratings before commencing the transaction...

Did you lodge a complaint with eBay, btw?
  5. one1

one1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Of course I did, you have to go back 36 pages to get a handful of negs. It's a numbers game of percentages. I'm no more nor less weary of someone with 20,000 feedback and 200 negs than I am with someone that has 200 feedback and 2 negs. Absorption of the fact you are going to run into X amount of people that are either scamming or just can't be pleased is always a factor in FB. If your volume is that high that you have 98.8% positive, you will sell your items to most anyone.

My account is from 1999. It would take Meg whitman herself to tell me anything about ebay I don't know. It's just a bad seller, period. As a buyer I have the responsibility of making sure the FB is high positive then paying and waiting, I did my part.

And FYI, I repair for FREE as seen here http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-b-s-t/377891-will-do-moose-stuff-money.html for anyone in the community so it's not my money, it's yours when you are buying parts so you might wanna write this guys name down or it'll be you next time because you have to look back 36 pages to see that negative fb. That's exactly why I said buy your own parts when I first started doing this. This one was for my personal touch so I bought it. If I am sending people out there to get parts for me to help them get their stuff fixed, last thing we need is sellers like this with high FB taking advantage of people.

As for ebay and paypal, it's not going to happen. He has proof he shipped it. Legally Ebay and PP cover their butts and side with the seller if he provides proof of shipment. They cannot get in the middle of determining condition. Been that way from day one when I registered in 1999.
  6. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You may be right, but i thought paypal insured you up to a certain dollar amount.

i had a prob before i bought this 2g

tried to get one from ebay and the guy shipped a 1g

paypal was ready to start a complaint process, but the guy ended up refunding me

prolly different cuz on mine he didn't ship what was advertised