Let's sum everything up. Conclude this appstore stuff.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Winterboard, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I am very disapponted with the appstore.

Some people said and were sure 71% of all apps would be free. Well I invite you to scroll some categories down. Maybe 5% is free!

Also the free apps are: 5 times flashlight, A cowbell, eeeeh oh yeah some crappy games.

The only good free thing is aurora feint. And that app is only free because it's still in beta!

So the conclusion is: appstore sucks if you can't buy apps. I have all cool free apps on my iPod. Well I use only 2 of them really. And all those apps fill up... 2 pages...

That's it.
  2. TouchKid2.0

TouchKid2.0 Banned

3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am disappointed at so many people jumping to conclusions.

20 Developers were surveyed. 71% OF THEM Said they would put their apps for Free. And more than 5% of the apps now in the App Store are Free.

I didn't know Evernote, Aurora Feint, Tap Tap Revenge, AIM, Cube Runner, iPint, the Jirbuo suite of Free games, PhoneSaber, AOL Radio, Pandora, Remote, Whrrl, Yelp, were Crap? I know they're FREE. But I didn't think they're Crap.

No. Conclusion: ITS ONLY BEEN OUT FOR SEVERAL DAYS. AND YOU'RE ALREADY JUDGING IT AS POOR?

LOOK AT INSTALLER AND THE TIME IT HAS HAD. AND IT STILL IS BUGGY AND DYING.
  4. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    sorry I forgot ttr. Really good app but it's not fun.
  5. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

I completely agree with Tes's 3rd comment. The free apps are amazing, you just have to download the right ones.

Also to further your point about Aurora Feint and it only being free because it's in beta, so what i've not had any bugs with it. Have you?
  6. skatedude0816

skatedude0816 New Member

Yeah, I haven't had any bugs with Aurora Feint either.

P.S. You change you avatar alot.lol
  7. Winterboard

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    that's not the point but 70% of all feutures are missing for now. There's only the mining game. And even I those few apps are good they are nothing compared to the $ ones. The main problem is those are productivity apps. Not real cool apps like smb or enigmo.

I don't say those should be free. Not at all. I'm just saying the appstore is useless for people who can't buy apps.
  8. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont think i will ever upgrade... i rather be i candy than this...
  9. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think allot of people would say appstore is crap. Mostly becouse everyone wached the demos of SMB and the rest of those pro apps prior to the 2.0 release and asumed every app would be on that level and are now disapointed.

All in all allot of apps are not up to snuff even the pay ones. Allot of them crash and are buggy. Even some of the pay apps. I think this has allot to do with the mad rush to get them in or there are just allot of really crappy coders out there looking to make a fast buck. I say a little of both. But I'm leaning twords the second.

PS, I see allot of over priced objective-c "wigets" in the appstore

Please Register or Log in to view images

Tes.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    personaly I prefer jailbreak apps. Sure there are allot of crappy ones out there. But there allot of useful ones out there that will never be in the appstore. Like vwallpaper, itoday, ringtones, mxtube, islisk, isim, terminal, video recorder, bossprefs, poof, finder, stacks just to name a few.

All of these are great apps and are far better then most free apps in the appstore and allot of pay apps too.
  10. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you're too cheap to purchase applications, then don't go bashing those who develop applications to be free.