let's say I've maxed out my home screens with apps... question.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by prototype7, Jan 30, 2010.

1. prototype7

prototype7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    first, i'm not jb'd 3g 64gb touch.
    My question, once the home screens are maxed, I know you can use spotlight to find the rest of your apps, but is there a way to swap out what is on the home screens?
  2. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you can re arrange your icons by pressing and holding down on one icon untill all the icons start to jiggle, or on itunes 9 when you plug in your iPod when you go to the applications tab under your ipod it'll let your rearrange. if you want to sync out you go to the applications tab in your ipod and check "only sync checked stuff" and just uncheck the apps you dont want.
  3. prototype7

prototype7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So using Itunes... I can choose which apps are represented?
    Just for arguments sake... let's say I've got 300 apps (rediculous I know), but using Itunes I could choose which ones are represented on the home screens? Rotate things out as I see fit?
  4. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes.

But if your jailbroken, you can download an app called Categories, and move all your apps into organized folders which only take up 1 icon on your home screen, and can hold an infinite amount of apps.

It works Left to Right scroll.
    ... Plus the Categories loading screen and main background are highly customizable.

If you want to jailbreak (highly reccomended), just use the search bar; theres dozens of really good tutorials on jailbreaking 3.1.2

If youre still unsure, search for "why you should jailbreak".
    Youll be pretty amazed.