Let's quell some rumors, shall we.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by SkylarEC, Jan 19, 2008.

1. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

As far as I know, the dev team (there is only one now, the Elite Team worked with the Dev Team) is holding off on the release of the JailBreak until after the SDK is released. That way, even if Apple requires another firmware update (1.2, 1.1.4, whatever) in order to use Apps downloaded through iTunes (somewhat incorrectly referred to as waiting for the SDK), we will all still be able to JailBreak, leaving us with access to a JailBroken iPod/iPhone AND the ability to download applications through iTunes.

That said, they are also working on back porting the 1.1.3 applications to work on 1.1.2. Be patient, as there is a good chance they will be out soon.

Also, you might not want to jump the gun to jailbreak 1.1.3 as soon as it is released, as many of your applications won't work. The applications launched from SpringBoard no longer have the same root access (say good bye to things like Customize). Installer is being reworked to try to fix that for JailBroken applications. Others would have to modify their applications. In other words, 1.1.3 might not quite yet be the utopia you are all imagining it to be.

Source: planetbeing, et al.
  2. h4xor

h4xor New Member

damnit! all those youtube idiot's were lying... waste of my time! BTW, 1st!
  3. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

who said they were fake? the OP didnt state anything in relation to that being a fake. assume as you please.
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No the youtube "idiots" wern't lying. Thanks for posting this Skylar.
  5. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes........as far as we know none of this leaked info is fake and would be foolish of ADV to compromise their reputation so I'm leaning that way.

BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY...........

I seriously think we need to move to putting some folks on vacation for stupid/ignorant posts because..........

#1.) We're all fighting for bandwidth on this forum and the REDUNDANT AND FOOLISH (i.e. there have been a few redundant and utterly blind threads started this morning) THREADS NEED TO STOP!!!!!!!!!

#2.) I swear if I see one more person post on 1.1.3 apps working without searching or one more person ask "What is SDK" without using Google/Acronymfinder.com/etc.........I think I'm gonna kill somebody.

And "vacation" is my nice side.............I would probably vote for PERMA-BAN if I were mod of this forum!

Skylar.........you are far more merciful than I.......

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Weo

Weo New Member

All I want is the 1.1.3 iphone apps; I don't have $20 to blow so jailbreak is about the only way lazy little me will ever get them within the next few days; I am sure they know how to enable those apps, right? it should be simple as heck if they cracked the OS
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hopefully this stops all the people who don't know how to use the search button from posting repeated threads..
  8. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i just want wallpaper and themes..... i really dont know how any of this stuff works tho.... i jst do as im told by the JB guides. and i wouldnt even care about 1.1.3 if there wasnt the UBER cool promise of being able to find my location on google maps...... (drool) lol
  9. bugmenot1

bugmenot1 Banned

Its nice to hear something that isn't utterly retarded.
  10. mexicanbaby5

mexicanbaby5 New Member

thanks, it all makes sense now.
    and I have to agree that there are a lot of the same annoying threads. It would he nice if thought stopped...
    the thing I mostly would like is smbprefs, customize, and my emulators. To bad about the custmoze though. I actually really want the rented movies thing!