Let's make a fool proof guide to jailbreaking back to 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by TouchyFish, Jan 30, 2008.

1. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

Alright, so I, like just about everybody else here, spent hours of my time going through the inscrutable process of trying to update to 1.1.3 and when I finally got there, was nothing but disappointed with the results. It's glitchy, it's unstable, my fav apps need tons of tinkering to get working and I don't wanna have to deal so with. So I decided to try and downgrade back to a jailbroken 1.1.2.

I got just about all the way back to my perfect, wonderful 1.1.2 world of bliss and happiness when all of a sudden, my ipod jumped back into recovery mode while finishing the 1.1.2 jailbreak. I'm so frustrated now I feel like leaving the damn thing on some traintracks so I can watch it be squished.

These forums are a total mess. It's nearly impossible to find what you're looking for and for uneducated amateurs like myself it's far too easy to get intimidated by all the experts and lose hope in ever accomplishing anything prosperous.

So let's get some really smart guys on board and make a really straightforward list with numbered bullet points on how to get back to 1.1.2 jailbroken. Please, I've had enough of this hell, and sure there are many more who feel the same way. Help PLEASE.
  2. linkofhyrule0690

linkofhyrule0690 New Member

dude.. i'm so feelin you right now
  3. Ukyumeji

Ukyumeji New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

I agree with you...feel the same way...disolated without my 1.1.2 Jailbroken Touch...I want my cute little apz-babies again...

Some grateful soul????

4. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What didn't work?

The process is the same as doing a 1.1.2 jailbreak, on Windows anyway

1) RESTORE to 1.1.1 via iTunes (nukes your ipod touch - nothing should be there now)
    2) jailbreakme in safari on the touch
    3) oktoprep via installer
    4) 1.1.2 UPDATE via iTunes
    5) 1.1.2 jailbreak

You need to gather the bits first, 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 restore images from apple, the 1.1.2 jailbreak, and iTunes 7.5... dunno if iTunes 7.6 makes any of this impossible, or what the Mac Process is. Pretty much, if you can RESTORE to 1.1.1, you're off to the races just like you were after Christmas...

I went 1.1.2jb->1.1.3jb and then redid it as above, with no problems at all. Since everyone has different PCs (macs, windows vista, xp, various versions of iTunes) and you might download a bad copy of the 1.1.1/1.1.2/1.1.2 jb files, there is no way to make a foolproof guide. The fools always defeat any such efforts

5. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

Haha, well I made it through all of those steps up until jailbreaking 1.1.2 at which point the ipod went into recovery mode and wouldn't let me continue.

I think that my problem may be itunes 7.6 but I just tried installing 7.5 and now it wont let me restore to 1.1.1 again.

I'm on a mac, maybe I should just wait and use my gf's PC later today, see if that changes anything.

Man it sucks being a fool today!
  6. mnlaw815

mnlaw815 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey this happened to me too. What you need to do is download either iBrickr (windows) or iNdependence (if you're on a mac). When the restore screen shows up, load either one of these programs, and it will take your ipod out of restore, and you will be on a wonderful jb1.1.2 (you can do it with iTunes 7.6, I did it last night).
  7. _nErDi_

_nErDi_ New Member

how does the restore screen look like?! when i use iBrickr to jailbreak 1.1.2 then there comes a green screen with the iTunes logo and the connect cable... when i use the other jailbreak method it start after i klicked "Jailbreak!" but nothing happens... tried this about 5 times...

using winXP, iTunes 7.5

edit: when i use the iPhuc method, the cmd comes up, says

"C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\GrĂ¼ni\Desktop\1.1.2_Jailbreak>java -jar jailbreak
    .jar
    Connecting to iPod/iPhone...
    Uploading Installer.app files..."

and then nothing happens...

I have followed these steps:

1. Force restore your iPod by holding down the Power and Home buttons together, wait until screen turns completely black and then let go of the power button, then wait until Apple logo pops up.
    2. Open up iTunes.
    3. Find your device.
    4. Shift click restore.
    5. Find your 1.1.1 firmware that you downloaded and click it.
    6. Wait forever for iPod to restore.
    7. Once finished, unplug iPod and navigate to www.jailbreakme.com on your iPod.
    8. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Install AppSnap.
    9. Go to Installer after iPod restarts and go to Install and then to All Packages.
    10. Scroll down to BSD SUbsystems and Install it.
    11. As soon as it is finished scroll down to OktoPrep and Install it.
    12. Push the Home Button once after its finished.
    13. Plug iPod into computer and go to iTunes.
    14. Shift click UPDATE and find firmware 1.1.2
    15. Wait forever for it to Update.
    16. Unplug iPod, wait a few seconds and plug it back in.
    17. Close iTunes if it pops up and kill all iTunes related processes.
    18. Open up windows.bat (if in windows) and jailbreak.jar (if on a mac)
    19. Check mark install SSH and then click "Jailbreak!"
    20. wait for iPod to connect and watch it jailbreak.
  8. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

Alright so let me get this straight.

I'm in 1.1.1 right now.

1) I'm gonna go install the oktoprep thing from installer
    2) I'm gonna go into iTunes (7.6) and holding down option(on mac) find the 1.1.2 ipsw and update the ipod
    3) I'm gonna run the 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar app
    4) When the app finishes and the ipod's screen goes back to recovery mode, I use iNdependance

does this sound correct? am I missing anything here?
  9. mnlaw815

mnlaw815 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    correct, just make sure you use the IPOD 1.1.2 ipsw and not the IPHONE 1.1.1 ipsw. I did all of this last nite and it worked perfectly. Independence is kind of stupid, and you may have to unplug and replug your ipod in after it goes into restore, and close out of itunes once the restore thing comes up.
  10. mnlaw815

mnlaw815 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yikes, a green screeN? Its supposed to be red! what was the other jailbreak method?