Let's get some stuff straight

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by crizh4x, Feb 18, 2008.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, this post is just to clarify some things that some people arent quite getting and to ask people to stop posting about every little thing including ziphone updates. ziphone will not work on the ipod touch because of the memory address issue, it is actually working on some touches because the have identical addresses as some 8gb iPhones, it really just depends on what date your iPod was shipped. to clear this up further, I'm not quite sure why the addresses are different, but the touch has more capacity available, meaning that it has more SSD drives packed inside, and thus needing more addresses that ziphone doesn't have. I have also seen alot of posts that look like people have found a revelation, the soft update method of 1.1.3 jailbreak, I really don't recommend using it anymore. My reasoning for urging everyone to not use this method is because it isn't a real jailbreak, it is pieces of the decrypted 1.1.3 being put into 1.1.2.....( all I can say is that's a mess ). People, all I am asking is to quit posting useless posts that only need one or two replies, there are two ground breaking technologies out there: the iPhone and Macbook Air.... no wait, that's not it, ahem! the search and PM buttons. please use them.

thanks, Chris
    1 person likes this.
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you ok, or should I push your chin back up to the rest of your face? lol jk
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol, this is the part where I would say something to offend you, but I wont.
  4. Mahmoud

Mahmoud New Member

The sad thing is that you believe people will stop posting "HELP I BRICKED MY ITOUCH ZIPHONE METHOD" "OH GOD I GOT BSD ROOT ERROR" and "ZIPHONE SUCKS... NOT WORKING" and "ZiPhone WORKED FOR ME !!" just because you created this post.

Please Register or Log in to view images

They will post because they don't search....

HOWEVER, thank you for explaining why it worked for some and not for others.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What are you talking about? why would this piss you off? or are you just being sarcastic?

EDIT: @Mahmoud yeah, I know it's worth a shot though lol. I really just wanted to put the info out there and hoped it would educate people to the point where they don't need to post just t ask dumb dumb questions.
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

thx for taking the time to write this. another issue that is really annoying, with the soft upgrade, those who do it post 50 threads, "i can't do the wiggle", "i dont have the maps". im just thinking, isnt it common sense u have to install the 1.1.3 apps to have the 1.1.3 apps? it takes one person".....................did u install the 1.1.3 apps...", "wow thx i didnt know". i mean wtf is that?
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah seriously, btw if people want to ask me questions in this thread, I can be here about all day so ask away, but lets not clutter please!
  8. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

Hey Chris-- JW... Do you think there will be a jailbreak for 1.1.3 by the end of this month?
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    honestly, i wouldn't bet on it because the SDK is due out within two weeks along with 1.1.4, which means we start all over again : )
  10. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL, no I was just kidding.

I added to your reputation.