Lets get apple to make a official sdk supported gamepad!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by reluttr, Apr 12, 2008.

1. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have made a online petition in a attempt to get apple to make and sell SDK compatible game pads.

As I state in my petition, apple does have a reason to develop a game pad. It would attract more well known developers to the iphone and ipod touch, not to mention the traditional controls would work greatly with the ported games apple is famous for porting to the ipod.

Also if it is SDK enabled then 3rd party developers could also use it in their official apps. Not to mention if apple makes a official game pad then it would not be hard to find and it would have all the perks of all other official merchandise, also a official game pad is more than likely to actually be developed and stands more of a chance of working with zodttd's emulators.

If you want to sign, then you are more than welcome to. Also if you don't mind please spread news of the petition and get as many signatures as possible, keep in mind there is power in large groups

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit:
    Sorry it was removed

2. btothe3

btothe3 Banned

whats the point of the multitouch screen???

TO CONTROL GAMES
  3. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

Yes, but buttons are more conventional when you're playing games.

Keep going with this! I signed the petition.

PS: A lot of ideas from the hacking community have been implemented in the new firmware, so it seems that Apple is doing a little web browsing

, so keep on doing this, and if the gamepad comes out, you will be credited! (Well not officially by Apple, but by US!

http://cre.ations.net/creation/vinyl-overlay-for-tactile-feel-on-iphone-nes-emulator

Here's a creation from Nate True (you may know him for the first 1.1.3 soft upgrade!), and he created a "vinyl overlay" for the NES emulator. Not exactly a gamepad, but nonetheless good. I ordered one from him a little while ago. Maybe Apple can look at that and make something like that.
  4. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

this realli depends on what type of game you are playing.
    I think this is a bad idea cuz i wont be paying apples rediculous price for it, cuz the think that makes the iPod Touch/iPhone so great is the part that it can be used a GAMING CONTROLLER and CONSOLE.
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

meh....dont feel like taking of my packsack, taking out a controller, playing a game, putting it back, putting packsack back on. id rather take the ipod out of pocket, tap screen to play game, play game, then put it back in pocket.
  6. Shariqqqqq

Shariqqqqq New Member

Amen to that
    NOT trying to be a jackass but why have a multi touch accelerometer equipped screen if your just going to stick a gamepad on it
    Idno i think it'd be fun playing games made for touch screen like super monkey ball, touchfighter, and spore.
    I'm signing the petition anyway just for the hell of it.
  7. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well Im intending the gamepad to be used on the games apple ports over "sonic and ect" and Im hoping zodttd whould be able to use it in his emulators, that way we can play fullscreen with no obstructions

But yea I think supermonkey ball and spore will rock
  8. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I posted this over at the MooCow site, and I signed it too
    and I think this sould be stickied