Leopard on PC

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by beezy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. beezy

beezy New Member

2. yeah_right

yeah_right New Member

Reading the comments keeps me from trying. It would be very cool, might give it a shot in a virtual machine once.

I switched from Vista to Ubuntu and made Ubuntu look like OSX. Thats the closest you'll ever get I think. Will probably get myself an iMac this year

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dual booted leopard a day after the SDK release so i could dev using it. works and runs great for me. beats the hell out of running it in VMware.

you'd probably want to look up any issues for your ethernet/graphics card first as that's where people run into the most problems when doing this. luckily mine were supported without having to do anything extra. but also, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. just manage your partitions/hdd properly and it'll be hassle free to revert back.
  4. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

i already tried this, i couldnt get it to boot on my grub loader, i even tried installing limux (for the grub) and then that oever the top, it didnt work :/ i think you need a truley blank hdd.
  5. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've been dualbooting it for 5 days now and ive patched all of my drivers so everything on my laptop works. Ive had no real problems so far except for a kernel panic last night because of a bad driver install on my part, but its actually faster than running XP. And I can load up parallels and run XP inside of leopard as well. So far ive seen no cons
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is an easy thing to do.

Even with Linux

I've triple booted Ubuntu, Vista, and Leopard before

You just need patience and be attentive at what you are doing.