Leopard on Dell inspiron?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Ejizzle4550, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Ejizzle4550

Ejizzle4550 New Member

soo, i have a Dell Inspiron E1405, and everyone is always saying how much better macs are then windows stuff...so, i was looking on Apple.com and i saw that you can buy the leopard opperating system.. but if i have windows xp media center edition on my laptop, is there anyway to clear the windows operating system and put in the leopard? any help would b much appreciated as i do not want to spend more money buying a new laptop..thanks all..if not ill go out and download linux and test that..
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Google OSX86.
  3. ronwheeezley

ronwheeezley New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    um no you can't because OSX only works on macs
    howeveerrr
    you can google "leopard on PC" on find certain methods to install OSX on your laptop. but if you arent extremely tech savvy steer clear.
  4. Ejizzle4550

Ejizzle4550 New Member

well, im not exactly tech savvy, sooo, i gues im outta luck..im going to look into a website i found by google-ing OSX86, but idk if ill b able to figure it out.
    i did find a website that seems pretty promising, and i was wondering if hellrider could look it over for me, idk what the rules are for link posting but
    http://tgrounds.blogspot.com/2008/03/osx-leopard-1051-on-pc.html
    looks pretty promising.
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It's worth a shot if you have plenty of free time, and can follow directions carefully. Read up on some logistics/background beforehand.