Lego Universe

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by studangerous, Mar 12, 2010.

1. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The beta just started. It has your ususal MMO formula - quests, levelling up, weapons, armour, loot and probably will need some grinding at times - but all with the magic Lego formula.

It focused on the 8-10 age group but even an old fart like me had a ball messing around with it on the first beta test day yesterday (once I'd managed to get my son off the computer!). There's the makings of a classic game in there if they can streamline and tweak it up properly - at the moment it's very laggy (one server open at limited times) and a major resource hog.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll post up some more choice screen shots this weekend. If you're in the beta test too let us know what you think.
  2. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
  3. Alkemystical

Alkemystical New Member

Seems cool. What is the gameplay like? Is their combat in this game? Are there missions/objectives to complete?
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Gameplay is similar to all the other Lego games but it's a third person view. Controls a little clunky at the moment but will be sorted out as the beta progresses.

There lots of missions and objectives and there is combat, though not between other players.

Check out the site at universe.lego.com