Legitly bricked ipod touch!!HALP srsly its bricked >=(

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by SpainCasillas, Jul 3, 2010.

1. SpainCasillas

SpainCasillas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I accidently put in my password wrong and it went straight to "ipod disabled connect to itunes screen." As soon as i plugged it in the screen went black, itunes wont recognize it, cant restore, i have tried force restarting,force restoring, and putting it in recovery and DFU mode. I have tried all 4 USB slots on my computer so its not a bad USB slot. I left it overnight to charge via a wall charger to see if the battery was dead and that wasn't the problem. I have 2 different generic apple brand cables and neither worked. The screen is completely black and my computer and itunes wont recognize it. ?I believe it is on quickpwn 2.1 or 2.1.x( i never upgraded the firmware and it is a first gen ipod touch 8gb. WArranty has expired and dont have the money to but a new one. PLEASE HELP MEH!!. I have tried every solution i can find and none have worked. Do you have to have a warranty to get a new ipod from Apple?
    Im sure you do but im desperate so just asking. It has been jailbroken for about a year now it has never died in that year so if its tethered could that be the problem and if so how do i fix it? Keep in mind i have done force restarting holding the home button for 5 seconds or whatever i have tried all that and it doesnt work sooooo ya, HELP!!!!
  2. TyHi

TyHi Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well... IF you only put the password wrong once thats weird you would have to do it at least 10 times if you had that setting. Anywho Try a diffrent computer. If that still does not work take it to an apple store they will know what to do. (If your running on a Windows then try to restore on a mac if you dont know anyone with a mac like i said bring it to the apple store if all else fails.)
  3. rugertyler

rugertyler Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Don't take it to an apple store if it's jailbroken!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Take it to like Best Buy or something
  4. TyHi

TyHi Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If its as messed up as it is then apple will have no idea its jailboken.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. rugertyler

rugertyler Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Possibly
  6. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    I just had this problem like a week ago. I fixed a iPod and jailbroken it. It was a black screen but the restore went smoothly... Maybe you can try to let the battery die? Idk but it went smooth for me idk what happened before. Oh also it came with black screen so I assumed they accidentally put it in DFU mode but from what you tell me they didn't. It was a MB second generation iPod touch, I finished with spirit jailbreak. Try restoring eighths same firmware that was loaded on or the newest one. And don't do custom restores for now just try the Apple unjailbroken ipsw files.
  7. Maddenpatriots9

Maddenpatriots9 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually if the iTunes wont recognize it try a different computer if that doesnt work Im an apple genius just hold down power and home for 10 seconds and it will turn on tryed it with my iphone and ipod give it a try