LEGITLY bricked ipod!!HELP

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by SpainCasillas, Jul 3, 2010.

1. SpainCasillas

SpainCasillas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I accidently put in my password wrong and it went straight to "ipod disabled connect to itunes screen." As soon as i plugged it in the screen went black, itunes wont recognize it, cant restore, i have tried force restarting,force restoring, and putting it in recovery and DFU mode. I have tried all 4 USB slots on my computer so its not a bad USB slot. I left it overnight to charge via a wall charger to see if the battery was dead and that wasn't the problem. I have 2 different generic apple brand cables and neither worked. The screen is completely black and my computer and itunes wont recognize it. ?I believe it is on quickpwn 2.1 or 2.1.x( i never upgraded the firmware and it is a first gen ipod touch 8gb. WArranty has expired and dont have the money to but a new one. PLEASE HELP MEH!!. I have tried every solution i can find and none have worked. Do you have to have a warranty to get a new ipod from Apple?
    Im sure you do but im desperate so just asking. It has been jailbroken for about a year now it has never died in that year so if its tethered could that be the problem and if so how do i fix it? Keep in mind i have done force restarting holding the home button for 5 seconds or whatever i have tried all that and it doesnt work sooooo ya, HELP!!!!
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    what fiirmware is it on? try dfu again.
  3. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you cannot brick you iPod... You can only screw up the hardware
  4. SpainCasillas

SpainCasillas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is using quickpwn like 2.1 or 2.1.1 i never bothered to upgrade its 1st gen and i have tried putting in DFU many times.
    Also in DFU is the screen completely black or does it have the picture of itunes and the cord on the screen? i cant remember the differnece between recovery and DFU because if DFU is a completely black screen its almost like its stuck in DFU and itunes wont recognize
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    NVM its not stuck in DFU cause the screen isnt"glowing" its just completely black as if it was turned off or dead