Legit Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by crdnilfan, Mar 17, 2009.

1. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So i started with the tethered like everybody else (most people) and then went to untethered. Well, when i went to untethered my accelerometer stopped responding once, but a reboot fixed it.

then i happened again, once again reboot fixed it. but after a while, it got to the point where no matter how many reboots, it didn't fix the issue. so then i restored to original 2.2.1, still didn't work, took it into bestbuy where i bought it, geek squad looked at it (for free luckily) and said to have apple replace it. so i called apple, they sent me a box which i have upstairs now, but..

during the free time i had between the box arriving and me sending it, i rejailbroke, (still of course no working accelerometer) but today the box came, so i restored to 2.2.1 again. and the accelerometer works... and i'm assuming if i send a fully working ipod into apple, they'd be upset.

is there any way that the jailbreak could have cause the malfunction? and now that its restored it works again? but then why didn't it work after the first restore. ugh, something is wrong, but if it doesn't break again (haha, weird wish) apple wont fix it.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nevermind, i know so many people were concerned, i reboot 17 times, and it finally didn't work, so now i'll leave it on, and send it in!

thanks for all the help?
  2. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

uhh you're gonna restore before you send it in right?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry that I don't have an answer to your problem... =[
  3. ralphbananas

ralphbananas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    smash it with a hammer?
  4. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sofft yo
    chris brown that thing up
    LOL

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. MustardNerd

MustardNerd New Member

Normally apple don't even check if its working when you send it in. They just pull the screen out and check for water damage. If theres none then they pull all the components and test them separately before reusing them to make some more replacement ipods they send off to people.
  6. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ahh, well ya i dont have any water damage, i sent it in (on, cause i finally got a reboot where it didn't work) and hope they'll give it back in a few days.

and yes, did a recovery mode full restore.