Legally purchased January Apps on 113jb?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by elroy, Jan 26, 2008.

1. elroy

elroy New Member

I apologise if this has been covered already - I did search (here and elsewhere) but I'm unable to find a definitive answer (or method) to this.

I upgraded my iPod to 1.1.3 and bought the January Apps pack shortly after it was announced - with the full intention of eventually running 1.1.3jb (and the Jan Apps) when a solution was found.

I've had a few goes at JBing 1.1.3 (by downgrading to 1.1.1 and using the regular methods to upgrade and JB along the way) however I am unable to re establish the Jan Apps pack when I am running 1.1.3jb on my iPod - I get the dreaded 0xE8000001 error.

Now, I understand that there are methods for 'activating' the apps on the iPod, but the problem is that doing that doesn't seem to enable syncing in iTunes, the way that having the official apps does.

Is there a proven solution for JBing 1.1.3 and installing the Jan Apps pack - or should I just go back to the non-JBed 1.1.3 and Jan Apps pack... a wait some more?
  2. RazerM

RazerM New Member

I bought the January update after jailbreaking, and it works fine.

I updated to jailbroken 1.1.3 from 1.1.2, and I have heard elsewhere that you need to jailbreak 1.1.1, update to jailbroken 1.1.2 and then finally update to jailbroken 1.1.3 - this supposedly allows iTunes to sync the apps.
  3. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Like you, I cannot sync the apps either. But when the proper jailbreak is released, you will be able to, as you won't be running the iPhone firmware.
  4. plasma

plasma New Member

Just ran through the process again to confirm that yes it does work.
  5. CiD

CiD New Member

This is also fixes the issues with purchased music and videos from iTunes... You need to go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 to make it work.

CiD
  6. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nice... gonna do this soon as I get home... thanks
  7. edge0

edge0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    in order to get the apps to work, u have to have 1.1.2 before jb 1.1.3
  8. CiD

CiD New Member

yes same applies for the jan app update... since it has drm... Otherwise you get the 0x0000... error...

CiD
  9. elroy

elroy New Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate your replies. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my initial post, I've tried (several times) each method (jumping from 1.1.1jb > 1.1.3jb AND 1.1.1jb > 1.1.2jb > 1.1.3jb) and I still can't sync the apps with iTunes.

I'm not sure what else to try. Are there any specific steps that I need to perform or any "don't plug the ipod in yet!" or "make sure you're facing south when you..." kind of voodoo that I need to know about?
  10. dhh93

dhh93 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats what im getting as well, is there a certain method to do to be able to sync my legally purchased apps?