Left Headphone Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TSOnTheDrums8892, Apr 19, 2008.

1. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey Guys...

A couple days ago i dropped my iPod on a hardwood floor and i was so relieved that there was no physical damage that i didnt even notice until about the next day that there was a problem with my headphones.

At first i thought it was a problem with my actual headphones and not the iPod so i went out and bought a brand new pair of Apple Headphones and it was the same thing.....

The left earphone sounds all muffled and distorted, it's kind of hard to describe but its just different, and the weird thing is... the right earphone is fine, it still sounds perfect...

I dont know what to do... i'm on my way back home from NC and i REALLY want to be able to listen in full stereo.

Is this a hardware problem or something with my headphones again??

Please help... thanks

T-Son
  2. batman27

batman27 Banned

I have the same problem it happened to me 1 month ago. I think the headphone jack is loose or something. If u turn it fiddle with i the sound comes but then it goes away. I know what u mean by distorted and stuff. I live in Canada so i can't really go to an Apple store and exchange it but i might go to Seattle and see what i can do.

Good Luck on getting it exchanged
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks man... yeah i've tried basically eveything to try to get it to work again but its just not happening, and OF COURSE it has to happen right before a road trip

Please Register or Log in to view images

but oh well... hopefully they will repair it...
  4. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i say drop it again in the same place

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. pickles

pickles New Member

That's weird because on both my iPods i've bought, (Nano 1G and Touch) the right earphone is always really soft and i can't hear as well compared to the left earphone. Maybe its just my hearing, but it doesn't do that on other earphones of mine that aren't Apple brand.
  6. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haha i was actually kinda considering that... but i dont want to risk damaging it even more :-/

do you think if i go to the apple store and explain to them what happened they will replace or repair it???
  7. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I bet you could just say one day you plugged in your headphones and got an electric shock from it and now the left speaker doesnt work.

Make sure its restored first.
  8. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If there is no physical damage go in and tell them that all of a sudden the left earphone is messed up. They will probably listen to it and then most likely give you a new one if they can't repair it. Just when you take it in make sure you restore first (assuming you have it jailbroken).
  9. dukebball717

dukebball717 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i've had this same problem a few times with my right earplug.
    i just took my headphones up to the apple store, and told the guy that it just stopped working, and i've only had them for a few months, and with no hesitation he went in the back and grabbed me some new ones for free.
    hopes this helps you
  10. tipii

tipii New Member

same thing happened to my video and just happened to my touch the other day. might just have to bring it in.