Left Handed antenna issue... Overdramatic IMO

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pzimmerer51, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Pzimmerer51

Pzimmerer51 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I really think this is being out of proportion. Every video i see(mine hasn't arrived yet so I am going of of videos) the person is nearly smothering it into their palm. How often when your making a call or on 3G you have the bottom left of your phone in the palm of your left hand? I mean yeah *some* people might hold it like that, but it's a non-challenging adjustment just to make calls or surf the web without the iPhone buried in your left palm.

That's just my opinion, I don't see it being that big of an issue, it's kinda like saying I don't get service in this room of my house so My carrier is a faulty network, or you can simply make your call in the hall outside that room.

I could be a minority on this though, but that's just what I think
  2. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yes, smothering it does increase the issue, I have just been holding my iPhone in my left hand (I'm a righty, but I prefer to use it in left.. idk why) and it drops down to about 3-1 bars depending on where I am located.

So, although you can't necessarily take my word for it, it's not over exaggerated as much.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    While I do think that everybody is blowing this out of proportion, you can't deny that a cellphone that drops signal when held is a pretty serious issue. I know Jobs & Co. have said that any cellphone works this way, and to some extent they do, but this is a startling example of form over function.
  4. flipboi2damax

flipboi2damax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no, it isn't being blown out of proportion. I was testing out my brothers new shiny iphone and while i will admit that it is nice, there are just too many problems with it at the moment. The yellow residue issue, how the back cracks after one drop, and now reception problems for just holding it. I will hold off getting an iphone until apple fixes these problems NOW. Not on the iphone 5,6,7,8,9,or 10.
  5. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think this is unacceptable for a device essentially called a "mobile phone" to have such a design flaw in the antenna signal. I don't think it's acceptable to have a device that will have an issue with the way you hold it. Since when have mobile phones had such issues with antenna signal?

That's just my opinion. But it shouldn't affect me since I'm a right hander, but it would sure bug the hell out of me if I was a lefty.
  6. kugalojan

kugalojan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i tried doing what they did on the video. Mine is perfectly fine imo.
  7. Beans48

Beans48 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    And you haven't even managed to make the bars drop a little? are they always low? have you tried putting a key to connect the 2 sides?
  8. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I tried to make the bars drop with my freakishly large hands, in an area that I always lose a few bars, in a valley. I had full reception. Something my 3G could never achieve.
  9. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    welcome to the same world as Nexus One owners!!!!!

as far as the reception issue.... a coworker got his yesterday, i explained the reception issue. and no matter what we did, it NEVER drop a single bar while at our workplace.

funny thing is i MAYBE get 1 bar, maybe 2 sometimes, at my desk on my tmobile phone. the iphone4 had full bars and never lost a bar while i played with it and TRIED my best to get it to lose a signal.
  10. Beans48

Beans48 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Maybe all this hype is just unfounded then, or maybe it's specific to a certain countries shipment of iPhones?