Left half of touch screen not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Timmarus, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    My iPod touch is going crazy. The touch screen is getting unresponsive and I can't move the slide to unlock thing at the bottom of the lock screen, it just stays there and it's like someone else is controlling it because it starts twitching and when I finally do get the thing to slide, I can't press my passcode buttons and it just goes to 0 all the time. I don't know if this is water damage or what but I'm getting so mad. Somebody, help!

UPDATE: The touch screen is now unresponsive and won't respond to anything.

UPDATE 2: Please, can anybody help? Half of my touch screen is working now, the other half doesn't. The right side of my iPod touch screen will respond to my touch, but the left side won't.

Please don't tell me to take it to Apple, because I don't live anywhere near an Apple store.
  2. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    restore, ive heard that it fixes problems like that. Have you ever dropped it in water?
    You could mail i to the Apple Store, or go online, they might pay for shipping if you talk to a representative online.
  3. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Has it been dropped or had any water damage recently?
  4. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I held it with wet hands for a second to put it on top of my dresser. That's it.

And I don't wanna restore because all my game saves would be gone and I'd have to start all over.
  5. JailBreaker

JailBreaker Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well theres nothing much to do other than restore or take it to apple which you dont want to do.
    (Try holding the power and home button untill it turns of then turn it back again.)
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    restore it there is ALWAYS the backup option.
  7. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I can't restore because I want to update to 3.1.3 or stay on the firmware but I can't, it make me go to firmware 4.0.
  8. Fike

Fike Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you have your shsh blobs stored? If you do, backup, fire up tinytts or edit the host file, then shift-click on the restore button. Select the 3.1.3 firmware and restore.
  9. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

Ok man, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Let's look at what you want:
    1. A working iPod
    2. Game Saves
    3. 3.1.3
    4. Not to go to the apple store
    5. Not to restore.

Well, you can't have 1 with 5, and therefore 3, unless you have the blobs. If you have the blobs, just restore to 3.1.3 and restore from backup. If that isn't available, then what's more important; 3.1.3 or a working iPod? You have to decide, man.
    Reem Othman likes this.
  10. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    When I try to restore, it gives me error 3194 after trying to verify to restore with Apple.

This is what it says on Apple's website

:Error 3000-3999: Error codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try without using one or with a known-good network.:

EDIT: I'm all up for restoring and updating now, I just gotta find out HOW to upgrade to 3.1.3, as it's not working.